Medical Coder - La Palma, CA(Job Number:709162)
AppleCare Medical Management Group was incorporated in 2003. Over the last 17 years, the multispecialty medical group of independent practices has expanded into new communities, contracted with more hospitals and health plans, and added over 50 new doctors - but the mission has remained the same. Today, AppleCare Medical Management is comprised of hundreds of board-certified private-practice, independent physicians. Collectively, our physicians have been serving the Southeast area of Los Angeles and Northern Orange County for decades, providing their medical expertise and passion to improving the health of our communities.
- Adheres to and maintains required levels of performance in both coding accuracy and productivity
- Identify appropriate assignment of CPT and ICD-10 Codes for physician and facility services
- Abstract additional data elements during the Chart Review process when coding, as needed
- Perform Coding duties as appropriate according to pre-determined schedules
- Review and maintain a record of charts coded, held, and / or missing
- Provide documentation feedback to Providers, as needed, and query physicians when appropriate
- Maintain up-to-date Coding knowledge by reviewing materials disseminated/recommended by CDQI Management and Optum
- Participate in Coding department meetings and educational events
- Travel to provider offices for feedback and training three days per week on average
The travel involved with this position is the amount of time you will be in the field visiting assigned providers. This is an on-site position involving beginning and ending the day in the office five days per week and travel to and from physician offices as often as three full days per week.
Job Medical Coding
Primary Location US-CA-Irvine
Number of Openings 1