Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work.(sm)
The purpose of this job is to supervise Independent Career Agents (ICA's) who sell the UnitedHealth Group (UnitedHealth Group) portfolio of products offered to Medicare beneficiaries and individuals age 50 . The ICA Supervisor is responsible for achieving assigned sales / membership growth targets through ICA's in his / her territory / territories. ICA's are not employees of UnitedHealth Group but rather independent sales agents who contract exclusively with UnitedHealth Group to sell this portfolio of products. ICA's may sell additional/alternative products that do not compete with this UnitedHealth Group product portfolio (e.g.; life insurance, home insurance).
This job is located within Central Wisconsin but will require traveling into the Southern Wisconsin border.
- Continually build and nurture our stable of ICA's
- Partner with the ICA Recruiting Manager to source and select candidates for ICA positions to ensure a continual pipeline and sufficient base of staff to meet assigned sales / membership growth targets
- Provide a structured on-boarding process, leveraging corporate contracting, certification and training processes, tools and systems
- Organize involvement in formal and on-the-job training to ensure an accurate understanding of our products, compliance / policy requirements, sales processes, brand and value proposition messages and sales systems
- Organize ICA activities, leads and territories to ensure effective and efficient coordination across the territory
- Act as a liaison between ICA's and UnitedHealth Group sales process owners to ensure ICA's are appropriately set up and supported across their lifecycle. This includes, contracting, licensing / appointment, certification, training, enrollment administration, commission payment, agent servicing, etc.
- Coach and manage performance
- Coach / Develop staff to achieve quantitative and qualitative performance targets
- Use data and insights to coach for optimal performance
- Manage day-to-day time and activities of assigned ICA's to ensure appropriate leading indicators of success and corresponding sales results
- Monitor sales results, trends and key performance indicators (KPI's) and hold representatives accountable for achieving targets
- Conduct ride-along to observe sales techniques and ensure alignment with expectations and compliance with CMS regulations
- Conduct regular one-on-one meetings to review sales results / activities and provide feedback / coaching on opportunities for improvement
- Achieve assigned sales targets: Achieve assigned sales/membership growth targets through ICA's in his / her territory(ies), with a minimum of 65% of sales derived via community based leads and referrals
- Partner with the Community Developer (CD) and Area Sales Manager (ASM) to identify and develop relationships with individuals and organizations that influence the buying behavior of our target consumer (e.g.;
- Providers, Regulators, Faith Based Organizations, and Associations)
- Understand the strengths and weaknesses of each organization and how it impacts the marketplace
- Facilitate engagement of ICA's in executing these plans and ensure that ICA's appropriately build and advance our brand and value proposition and represent our product portfolio and service offerings
- Ensure Compliance: Ensure ICA's adhere to sales and marketing guidelines associated with Medicare regulations, partner expectations (e.g.; AARP) and company policies and procedures