Are you ready for your next challenge? Discover it here at OptumRx and help us reinvent the health system. As one of the largest pharmacy benefits managers in the United States, you'll be working in a professional culture where you can use your talent and our resources to make an impact on a huge scale. When you contribute, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere. Join us. Take this opportunity to start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Medication Reconciliation Pharmacist will primarily perform a clinical role to support the Community & State clinical model at the plan level. Functions will consist of member and provider engagement along with case management and internal team integration. Goals of this position include implementing and executing clinical pharmacy programs that will help our members live healthier lives while demonstrating value to the plan.
- Monitor all clinical activities performed related to pharmacy engagement within the plan to ensure alignment with both UHC and Plan objectives
- Provide direction to plan pharmacy technicians by delegating and overseeing activities
- Implement proactive member intervention activities to provide medication reconciliation and other clinical support to members in an effort to mitigate pharmacy risks and reduce readmissions
- Execute MTM activities through provided software platforms including targeted intervention activities that will improve outcomes and lower costs
- Conduct case reviews of members identified as top utilizing members to address pharmacy related concerns that may be contributing to high utilization
- Integrate with other care team members through clinical care platforms
- Serve as pharmacy subject matter expert regarding both clinical and benefit-related issues for field based roles including community health workers, transitions care managers, behavioral field case managers, etc.
- Actively engage and participate with member care team meetings (rounds, interdisciplinary teams, etc.)
- Execute upon programs developed in coordination with the Quality team to support HEDIS and other quality initiatives related to pharmacy
- Train other clinical teams regarding pharmacy benefit as applicable