Merch-Ops Manager - Sam's Club 6628: Torrance, CA
JobTitle: Merch-Ops Manager - Sam's Club 6628: Torrance, CA
- Assists in the initiation and direction of, and participates in, community outreach programs, and encourages and supports Associates in serving as good members of the community; establishes and maintains relationships with key individuals or groups in the community acting as the representative for the Company; presents the Company's perspective to various external organizations following the Company's media guidelines; and champions Company-sponsored programs, events, and sustainability efforts to Associates, Members, and the local community to emphasize the Facility as part of the community.
- Assists the Club Manager in driving membership and sales growth in a Facility
- Assists the Club Manager in driving the financial performance of the Facility
- Assists the Club Manager in ensuring compliance with Company and legal policies, procedures, and regulations for a Facility by: analyzing and interpreting reports; implementing and monitoring human resource compliance, asset protection and safety controls; overseeing safety, operational, and quality assurance reviews; developing and implementing action plans to improve performance; providing direction and guidance on executing Company programs and strategic initiatives; and directing the management team in ensuring confidentiality of information, documentation, and assigned records.
- Assists with directing management team in all Facility operations; ensures asset protection, inventory control, Member service, Member and Associate safety, and that all areas of the Facility are in compliance with Company policies and procedures; communicates with members of management and Associates about Facility operations, merchandising, and Company direction.
- Builds knowledge and skills in operating a Facility
- Increases quality of Member experience
- Oversees and enforces the execution of food safety standards, cold chain compliance, and food merchandise quality
- Provides direction and guidance to members of management and hourly associates on proper member service approaches and techniques to ensure member needs, complaints, and issues are successfully resolved within company guidelines and standards; and assists with member service as needed
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for members of management and hourly Associates in the Facility
- Upholds the Company's Open Door Policy
- 2 years of management experience.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- 2 years of retail experience.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT) serves customers and members more than 208 million times per week at more than 8,600 retail units under 59 different banners in 15 countries. With fiscal year 2010 sales of $405 billion, Wal-Mart employs more than 2 million associates worldwide.