MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
40% - Supervise the work activities of Merchandising Execution Associate's (MEA) within his/her area.
- Communicate store and Merchandising Execution Team (MET) objectives to MEAs using the appropriate programs and tools.
- Train, and develop MEAs within the work team, through the management of training calendar and curriculum. Engage in
coaching for the developemnt of MEAs.
- Participate in the interview process for hiring of new MEAs and partner with MEM (Manager) on recommendations. o Provide input into
appropriate discipline decisions related to MEAs.
- Provide input to the MEM on performance appraisals of MEAs and make recommendations on promotion of associates in his/her area.
- Assist MEAs with merchandising bays, set compliance with planogram, replacing labels, packdown, and building displays.
20% - Partner with store leaders to execute merchandising strategies.
- Follow up on assigned activities of the MEAs in his/her area and ensure execution of projects and general service ctivities
in relation to MET standards.
- Monitor set compliance with planogram, ensure merchandise is displayed in a neat and appealing
- Monitor and engage the team during focus packdown activities, overhead organization and display builds.
- Ensure that POP and signage is ordered and properly set according to planogram.
- Partner with store leadership to markdown all damaged or un-sellable merchandise.
- Provide direction on cross-merchandising activities in accordance with Merchandising Action Planner (MAP).
20% - Report productivity data and project completion via interactive systems and tools.
- Monitor and review timekeeping, expenses and training data on Associates.
10% - Plan and direct MEAs in execution of seasonal reset activities.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Position reports to Merchandising Execution Manager (MEM)
Accountable for direct supervision of the work activities of others. Planning, monitoring and reviewing work of subordinates is
required. This may include direct supervision of a shift or the coordination of multiple work groups. Makes recommendations
concerning selection, termination, performance appraisal and professional development.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Usually in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors causing moderate physical discomfort from such things as dust, fumes or odors.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 0 years
Must continuously stand or walk or regularly requires lifting/handling/carrying material or equipment of moderate weight (8-20 pounds).
Must have a valid state drivers license and proof of insurance
Must be able to lift between 10-50 lbs
Must have reliable transportation
Requires daily non-overnight travel up to 100% of the time.
1. 1 year supervisory experience
2. Experience in the Merchandising Execution Associate (MEA) position
3. Experience working in retail merchandising service industry or working directly for large scale retailer.
4. Basic computer skills with knowledge of web-based applications.
5. Experience working on teams, with heavy reliance on team to accomplish goals.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.