Mfg Assoc Supervisor
Job Title: Mfg Assoc Supervisor
Location: Austin, IN
Category: Supply Chain
The Production Supervisor is responsible for meeting daily production schedules of the highest quality while ensuring GMPs and overall safety in the plant. The production manager works closely with other departments in accomplishing objectives. This position must possess excellent organizational and interpersonal communication skills and proven track record of developing employees to improve performance. The Production Supervisor also assists the Production Manager to ensure and facilitate compliance with all regulatory requirements including: Safety activities (OSHA); FDA requirements; GMP requirements met.
- Coach and develop all production personnel through consistent and effective communication and training
- Ensure proper training of all production employees (e.g. new employee training)
- Administer PBC Discipline guidelines
- Lead and inspire cross-functional teams to execute production schedules and/or project goals
- Ensure completion of all safety training, food safety training, procedural training, and GMP training, (e.g. HazCom, SOP, etc.)
- Should be familiar with labor agreements, interpretation and application
- Ensure compliance with prerequisite programs for food safety
- Assist with developing and executing staffing plans to manage labor expenses
- Create and/or sustain standard operating procedures that add continuity to work processes for employees and add value for our customer
- Must be able to multi-task and address multiple priorities expeditiously
- Must be results-driven from a productivity and efficiency standpoint but temper that focus with high regard for product and package quality
Scope of Operations:
- 17 + direct reports (both union and non-union employees)
- Approximately 25 million cases in production per year
- Prefer Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years quality manufacturing/production experience in the beverage industry and/or similar experience in a high-speed processing organization.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required to effectively disseminate and present information to all internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated success building and fostering teams, gain commitment from others and effectively manage the decision making process.
- Creative problem solving and innovative approaches to complex problems in a timely fashion.
- Must be able to work long hours including weekends and holidays, as necessary
- When on the production floor for training, monitoring or problem solving, must be able to work on your feet for up to 8 hours a day in a loud work environment with little climate control.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 114508BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.