POSITION PURPOSE - The responsibility of this position is to serve as chief marketing officer for a merchandise department. The Merchandise Marketing Manager is responsible for developing meaningful and lasting business positioning for each merchandising department, as well as annual, quarterly and monthly marketing plans. The position will be required to manage both strategic and tactical execution of marketing programs, and drive their integration throughout the company. The position serves as primary liaison between Merchandising leaders and all Marketing cross-functional departments.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES -
NATURE AND SCOPE - No direct responsibility for supervising others.
- 25% Develop annual, quarterly and monthly strategic and tactical marketing plans for merchandising departments based on competitive analysis, consumer input, financial data, and creative tactics.
- 20% Take lead with marketing peers to integrate merchandising plans and those of other business owners within the organization, such as Advertising, CRM, Brand Management, Public Relations, Store Operations, etc.
- 30% Manage execution of tactical elements of marketing programs, including setting up promotions, working collaberatively with advertising creative team, ensuring communication to store associates, vendors, etc.
- 15% Develop and maintain strong relationships with merchandise vendors.
- 10% Lead development of strategic and tactical plan for seasonal "Event" marketing effort.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS -
EDUCATION REQUIRED - The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must pass the Drug Test.
- Must pass pre-employment test if applicable.
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE - 04
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS - Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS - Consultant/Brand Marketing Experience Retail or CPG marketing experience preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES - Strong leadership abilities and experience in managing cross-functional work relationships. Strong multitasking and prioritizing skills Highly organized - with ability to combine strategic direction with hands-on tactical execution Knowledge of consumer and product research, market segmentation and competitive intelligence/analysis Financial acumen Demonstrated ability to combine strategic planning with practical solutions Demonstrated ability to conceptualize and build integrated marketing plans
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.