The Marketing Manager for Home Services marketing will support a dedicated vertical of Home Services programs and the primary liaison between Home Services, NIMs and all cross-functional departments. He/she manages both strategic and tactical execution of awareness marketing and lead generation programs for their vertical and drives the integration throughout company ensuring revenue goals are met. He/she will collaborate with various Outside Sales and Services teams, national affiliates and cross-functional teams to understand sales and services priorities and develop marketing, training and selling tools tied to those priorities.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
NATURE AND SCOPE
- 25% Develop annual, quarterly and monthly strategic and tactical marketing plans for merchandising departments based on competitive analysis, consumer input, financial data, and creative tactics. Outcome to be relevant pricing, consumer promotions, and communication of such both internally and externally. Involves leading monthly marketing meetings with merchandise departments and cross-functional teams.
- 20% Take lead with marketing peers to integrate merchandising plans and those of other business owners within the organization, such as Advertising, CRM, Brand Management, Public Relations, Store Operations, etc. Accountable for ensuring accurate communication to both internal partners and external consumers.
- 30% Manage execution of tactical elements of marketing programs, including setting up promotions, working collaberatively with advertising creative team, ensuring communication to store associates, vendors, etc.
- 15% Develop and maintain strong relationships with merchandise vendors. The goals of these relationships are to establish unique sales-driving opportunities to THD, direct and manage incremental vendor funding for marketing projects, and provide value opportunites for merchant sales negotiations.
- 10% Lead development of strategic and tactical plan for seasonal "Event" marketing effort. Event may include Holiday, Energy and Environment, Father's Day, etc. Lead cross-functional team on execution of marketing plan.
- Reports directly to the Director, Home Services Marketing.
- Manages 1 direct report and manages marketing budget
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 5 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Prior Marketing, QSR, Segment or Demand Generation experience
- Account Management Experience and/or partner management experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with an emphasis on Excel
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Strong leadership abilities and experience in managing cross-functional work relationships. Strong multitasking and prioritizing skills
- Highly organized - with ability to combine strategic direction with hands-on tactical execution
- Knowledge of consumer and product research, market segmentation and competitive intelligence/analysis
- Financial acumen
- Demonstrated ability to combine strategic planning with practical solutions
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize and build integrated marketing plans
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.