JobTitle: MIT External-Sam's
- Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments
- Creates budgets for sales, expenses, and wages and monitors club indexing, making sure budgeted numbers are achieved, and ensures department staffing levels are within company guidelines.
- Drives sales in assigned areas
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Ensures membership growth
- Ensures proper personnel procedures are followed for selection and recruiting, record retention, and training as required
- Manages facility operations (front end, fresh areas, sales floor, accounting, receiving, membership and refunds, parking lot and grounds, professional services, tire and battery center, jewelry, and photo), including ensuring asset protection, inventory control, member service, safety, and compliance in each area as part of daily assigned duties and communicating with other managers and associates about facility operations, merchandising, and company direction.
- Models, enforces, and provides direction and guidance to associates on proper member service approaches and techniques to ensure member needs, complaints, and issues are successfully resolved within company guidelines and standards.
- Oversees and enforces the execution of food safety standards, cold chain compliance and food merchandise quality
- Oversees the implementation of and participates in community outreach programs and encourages associates to serve as good members of the community.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Works as part of the management team to ensure all opening and closing procedures are followed, including communicating with opening and closing managers to ensure a smooth transition from day to night operations, discussing merchandising opportunities and directions, scheduling concerns, associate issues, any issues needing to be escalated, additional resources needed, and any special opening or closing instructions or information.
- Associate's Degree; OR 1 year SAM'S Club experience; OR 1 year retail experience with 6 months supervisory experience; OR 3 years military experience.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT) serves customers and members more than 208 million times per week at more than 8,600 retail units under 59 different banners in 15 countries. With fiscal year 2010 sales of $405 billion, Wal-Mart employs more than 2 million associates worldwide.