MSLA is a Medical Corporation that provides comprehensive independent medical evaluations (IME) and other IME related services to the government and private industry. Our business philosophy incorporates both exceptional customer service and quality evaluations, both of which are the primary factors for our rapid growth since our inception in 1998. No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. The rewards for performance are significant. You'll help improve the health of millions. And you'll do your life's best work.(sm)
In addition to our core clinics located throughout California, Nevada and Hawaii, MSLA manages an extensive nationwide network of fully credentialed physicians in all major specialties, each meticulously screened for compliance with our standards for service excellence.
This position entails auditing and billing data in QuickBooks. The Billing Specialist is responsible for accurately billing clients for medical evaluations per the contractual requirements of MSLA. The individual must be able to communicate effectively with clients and various departments to obtain the required information to bill correctly.
- Validate the demographic information of the claimant
- Identify missing or pending authorizations as compared to the original service order
- Verify all diagnostic procedures associated with the evaluation
- Verify the appropriate billing codes per contract to the services completed by MSLA
- Create a bill with the payable amount for the physician performing the evaluation
- Verify the accuracy of the transcriber’s bill as it relates to the evaluation
- Work with accounts receivable and accounts payable
- All other duties assigned by Management