Job Code: 389478
Job Location: Texas-El Paso
Prudential El Paso is looking for an experienced .Net Developer, preferably with an Investments/Financial background. The ideal candidate should be proficient in .Net and have experience in Oracle database development and/or be proficient with SQL Server.
This position requires an individual capable of working independently and in a variety of capacities. You must have strong credentials and track record in the knowledge and use of .Net, as well as excellent communication skills, to be considered for this position.
- Participate in the system design of .Net applications
- Independently perform hands on development and unit testing of the applications
- Work in a team environment with business, front-end design, Oracle and/or SQL Server, .NET, On Call Support and throughout the whole software development cycle
- Responsible for identification and resolution of any performance issues
- Capable of working under pressure within tight deadlines, while demonstrating flexibility, in order to deliver on urgent requests when necessary
- Follow company software development processes and standards
- Keep up to date with new technology development and implementation
- Strong performance ethos and personal commitment for outstanding customer service
- Prepare accurate estimates for work
- Ensure that SLA’s are managed to customer expectations
- Collect metrics to ensure visibility of achievements
- Experience in leading a team of onshore/offshore developers
- Experience in Project Management of .Net projects
- Experience in mobile application development and responsive web design
- Intimate knowledge of object oriented programming languages, including C#, .NET 4.0 , PL/SQL
- Deep knowledge of database systems, specifically Oracle and/or SQL Server
- Strong analytical skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into application requirements
- Functional experience with Oracle e-Business Suite applications is a plus
- Experienced in Forms, Reports, XML Publisher, Discoverer, Interfaces, Unix Shell scripting, Oracle Workflow and personalization
- Solid skills in Oracle 11g or higher, SQL*Plus and PL/SQL
- Strong knowledge of SQL Server and SQL programming skills like user defined functions and stored procedures
- Knowledge of Reporting Services, Analysis Services, Integrations Servers a plus
- Experience planning and implementing the following technologies is a plus: Test Driven Development, Entity Framework and MVC
- Experience planning and implementing the following vendor solutions is a plus: ETL, Messaging, Data Warehouse/Data Mart, BI, SharePoint
- Experience with Unit Test Tools and continuous integration
- Experience in Business Intelligence and reporting specifically using Cognos technology is an advantage
- Experience with JQuery/JQuery Mobile
- Capable of producing documented requirements, developing designs, preparing and executing test plans
- Able to demonstrate initiative, team skills, and hard work
- Experience with Application Lifecycle Management techniques and concepts, specifically Team Foundation Server
- Relevant work experience in the Investments/Financial industry (FinTech) would be a distinct advantage
- LOMA 357 Investments and/or CFA certification would also be an advantage
- 3 years of .Net & Oracle Applications R11/R12 programming and analysis experience with a variety of technical projects
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience in IT development with a proven ability to design innovative solutions, and deliver quality software to strict standards and schedules through own efforts and those of others
- Proficient with Oracle/SQL Server database design, SQL*Plus, PL/SQL, stored procedures and user defined functions
- Experience working with Source code repositories
- Familiarity with security industry standards is desirable
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelors Degree in computer science, related fields and/or equivalent work experience preferred
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Development