NET/ Salesforce Developer
Job Code: 384438
Job Location: New Jersey-Newark
Prudential Capital Group (PCG) is the private debt investment arm of Prudential Financial, Inc. (NYSE: PRU). Prudential Capital Group has been a leading provider of private debt, mezzanine and equity securities to middle-market companies worldwide for more than 75 years. Managing a portfolio of nearly $74 billion as of September 30, 2015, Prudential Capital offers senior debt and mezzanine capital, leveraged leases, credit tenant leases, and commercial equipment and asset finance. The global regional office network has locations in Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Frankfurt, London, Los Angeles, Milan, Minneapolis, Newark, N.J., New York, Paris and San Francisco.
Prudential Capital Group is looking for a seasoned, hands-on technologist with a strong background in designing and building modular, scalable, and intuitive systems using various technologies.
Responsibilities of this position include creating, enhancing, and supporting internally developed applications. The systems support the overall investment process by providing the capability to capture key information, enable workflows and approvals, and expose data through reporting and analytics tools. The candidate will be part of a team that works with Business Analysts, Investment Professionals, Operations, Quality Assurance Testers and other System Professionals. The candidate will also be responsible for troubleshooting and resolving support issues as needed.
The Technical Lead will provide comprehensive consultation on all phases of the project development cycle, work closely with other members of the development team (comprised of full time employees, offshore and onsite consultants), help translate business requirements into technical solutions, and assist with identifying and steering the direction and selection of platforms, languages, and tools. The candidate is also expected to create generic, reusable code stacks when appropriate and/or integrate purchased solutions.
The Technical Lead is expected to document, unit test, and provide on-going support for the applications. The candidate will work closely with management to help formulate strategic architectural decisions which will support current and future business needs, and influence the technical direction of system implementations.
Knowledge of design patterns, best practices, and Software Development Lifecycle is required.
• Analyze business requirements and help to determine implementation strategies
• Understand and follow the complete Software Development Life Cycle methodology
• Build and maintain positive relationships with Information Technology team and business partners
• Manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
• Leverage past experience in order to resolve problems or generate new ideas
• Perform adequate unit testing on developed code
• Contribute in building solution architecture proposals, design discussions, and code reviews
• Provide technical support for Production issues resulting from new deployments or other scenarios, and implementing fixes to prevent future outages
• Minimum 10 years of experience working on development of web-based and distributed applications
• Experience with SalesForce/Force.com development is required
• Strong experience in database design, development, integration, and reporting (primarily SQL Server – SSIS and SSRS are a plus)
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (Web API, WCF, etc.)
• Ability to effectively troubleshoot and perform root-cause analysis
• Experience with architecture, design, and development of ASP.NET web application
• Knowledge of development methodologies (Agile, Scrum, etc.) is a plus
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent work experience
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Architecture