Network Consulting Engineer
Location:Seattle, Washington, US
Area of InterestProfessional Services
The Business Entity The Cloud and IT Transformation (CITT) CoE brings together the OSS/BSS, Data Center, and Intelligent Network Infrastructure and Routing and Switching teams. Our professional services capabilities in support of the unified infrastructure, provides the platforms that help customers adopt network-virtualization and cloud architectures, and accelerates our software integration, application platforms, analytics, and ITSM services. This CoE is well positioned to help customers achieve Fast IT and leverage adoption services to drive business outcomes. The Team Our Network Consulting Engineers help customers maximize and impact network availability and functionality to achieve their business goals. The NCE delivers the leading edge DC technologies; solutions and services customers need to expertly manage their networks. In this role, you will be "Cisco's face to the customer," working in a fast-paced, high-impact environment as a visible contributor and influencer delivering on our commitments and the customers' expectations. Role & Responsibilities The ideal candidate is a creative problem solver, comfortable with challenging the status quo and rapidly responding to escalated issues. The following are the skills our NCEs develop and utilize: * Excellent Customer Relationship Management (CRM) skills * Providing consultative, proactive and/or reactive support * Act as architectural Lead for the UCS Data Center infrastructure * Performs analysis of UCS network designs * Plans and supports highly complex UCS Upgrade and Migration activity Minimum Qualifications
• Experience and knowledge of Service Provider Networking Environments
• Must have good Network design skills with strong knowledge of networking fundamentals.
• Advanced knowledge / experience with the following areas Cisco IOS-XR Software, IOS Software, ASR9K, other Cisco Routing & Switching Platforms, IP Routing, Internetworking, MPLS, LAN Switching
• Software and Feature Familiarity: MPLS-TE, BGP, ISIS, OSPF, MPLS L2vpn, MPLS L3vpn, inter-as, BNG, carrier Ethernet, Qos, Ipv6
• Prior Scripting, Python, and/or Linux experience highly desired.
• Must possess strong technical account management skills. Minimum 3 year of experience in Advanced / Professional Services or high-level support.
• Large-scale network design skills
• In-depth knowledge of network management, network availability & capacity planning
• Excellent communication skills to assist all levels of customer. Must have excellent written, oral communication and listening skills
• Self-motivated with excellent leadership skills Desired Skills * Passionate, persuasive, charismatic thought leader capable of quickly establishing executive interest in how to architect, deploy and operate the virtualized data center of the future. * Understands and can articulate the value and business advantage of data center virtualization techniques and cloud architectures * Excellent customer facing skills and ability to provide advanced technical engineering support Looking for a highly motivated networking individual to support Network Optimization customers in the Seattle Washington area. This person should have their CCIE and should be proficient in R&S, MPLS, Multicast and Data Center technologies. This person will be required to perform onsite and remote work. Non-Technical Requirements: * Core expertise to include design concepts, IT analysis/analytical thinking, innovation management, enterprise perspective and process knowledge. * Client-facing skills to include cross-functional influence, external and internal consulting/partnering. * Excellent understanding of the industry landscape (competitors and partners) * High-level, out-of-the-box thinking, analytical reasoning, and creative problem solving skills. * Ability to shift from high-level thinking to realistic and pragmatic execution is essential. * Solid understanding of the end-to-end IT process, including architecture, design & engineering, implementation, and operations; * Excellent written and verbal communications skills: ability to communicate technology strategy and architecture approach to engineers, executives, and Cisco customers. * Willingness and ability to work with teams, ability to build relationships using an open and respectful communication and collaboration style. Communication skills to include conflict management, negotiation, presentation/demonstration, and written communication. About Cisco The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco. *LI-RR1
Apply on the Company Site