Network Consulting Engineer
Location:Richardson, Texas, US
Additional Location(s)RTP, NC
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
The Business Entity
Cisco seeks a Network Consulting Engineer (NCE) to act as a subject matter expert for UCS and Cloud products and technologies. Data Center and Cloud technologies are experiencing huge growth requiring additional investment to meet our clients IT transformation needs.
The Unified Infrastructure team within the CNS Innovation and Delivery Team is seeking a highly motivated engineer to assist customers with UCS and Cloud design and deployments. This engineer will have the opportunity to implement the latest Data Center technologies – UCS, Cloud and others. Help us help our customers deploy the latest in Cisco technology.
Role & Responsibilities
● Provide Planning, Designing, Implementation services to Cisco Advanced Services Customers enabling business outcomes and IT transformation in the Data Center and Cloud areas with a focus on Cisco UCS products
● Collaborate with customers on their UCS and Cloud designs
● Work closely with the project manager on the engagement to ensure compliance to set processes, weekly progress and status checks, ongoing communications and meetings with the customers and drive technical leadership and solutions & deliverables discussions with the customers.
● 6-10 years within Advanced / Professional Service role(s)
● Expert level knowledge in Cisco ACI products
● Expert level knowledge in Data Center
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Demonstrated leadership of large complex projects
● Experience with Cisco Nexus platforms, VMWare, and server virtualization
● Bachelor degree preferred
● Cisco Certified Internet Expert (CCIE) Data Center
● Strong Routing & Switching skills.
● Experience in programming Python
● Experience with UCS Central and/or UCS Director
● Experience with Linux
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.