Network Engineer -Cisco TAC (Web Security)
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
What You'll Do
In this role, you will gain insight on the detailed functionality of Cisco products and partner with all distributed elements of the service chain. The ideal candidate demonstrates an aptitude and appetite for learning new technologies, evidenced by the ability to expand upon core knowledge and specialize. This is a great opportunity for someone with perseverance, an empathetic view of the customer and good customer relationship management skills to hone their skills and advance their career by providing value to customers in the form of current and future type of post-sale services.
As a Customer Support Engineer you will be the connection to Cisco customers and will build effective working relationships while solving their issues, managing expectations, and leaving the customer feeling valued. You will:
* Provide advanced technical consultation to other team members
* Act as a technical expert in his domain of expertise with other team members as well as other Cisco world-wide teams
* Independently debug complex product problems and effectively support critical account customers
* Leverage existing resources and your own technical and customer relationship skills to provide problems resolution with a high level of customer satisfaction
* Provide systems/product training and identify improvement opportunities and recommendations in products and processes
* Keep up-to-date with the latest technology products in his area of expertise in order to provide a high quality support in current and future types of support services
Who You'll Work With
Cisco's Technical Assistance Center (TAC) is a team of elite technical experts whose primary focus is to help customers deploy and operate their networks effectively while delivering the best possible customer experience. Aligned to three geographic regions, and converging into one global, borderless TAC, we are the first to be confronted by challenges and issues with new equipment and tools in the field. We provide tireless support to our customers, partners, account teams, and other TAC engineers. With a technology runway that never ends, opportunities to develop your depth, breadth and diversity of technology expertise are second to none!
Who You Are
Cisco seeks a Customer Support Engineer to join some of the industry's brightest minds in developing and deploying today's most advanced Internet technologies.
Are you pre-wired to understand what customers WANT and what they NEED to deliver business outcomes quickly? Can you do this in an environment that handles 1.4 million calls per year -- in 17 languages -- from customers in 180 countries? Do you Achieve Results? Think Analytically? Manage Conflict and Customer Experience? Make Decisions with Critical Thinking? You may be a Cisco Customer Support Engineer… and we have the People Deal for you!
Minimum requirements for this role:
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in engineering (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering)
* 3 - 5 years related experience in involving customer exposure element in Security Technologies (Firewall, VPN, IDS, AAA)
* Advanced level of Linux (Red Hat) knowledge
* CCNP or higher level knowledge desired
* Ability to communicate in English effectively both verbally and in writing; other languages would be a plus
* Passion and demonstrated ability to learn and work in a multicultural team environment
* Ability to drive to achieve goals with limited supervision
* Proven crisis management skills
* Other technology (Voice, Switching, Security) or product knowledge, experience or certifications would be a plus
* Troubleshooting experience using finisar, wireshark, or other protocol analyzer desired
* Programming skills (Python, Ruby, C, C++, Linux, Shell Scripting) would be a plus
#CiscoTAC #CiscoKrakow #CiscoJobs #CiscoSecurity
 Watch the video to learn more about the culture of Cisco TAC in Krakow
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Apply on the Company Site