Network Security Assessment Expert
Job Title: Network Security Assessment Expert
Location: Plano, TX
Category: IT and Internet
The Network Security Assessment Expert will have a wide range of vulnerability management responsibilities, with emphasis on risk assessment, remediation, and coordination to ensure the removal of vulnerabilities from network devices as well as other infrastructure systems and components. Responsible for providing subject matter expertise in validating. Provides expertise across technical areas while maintaining proficiency in key technical skills.
- Perform regular vulnerability scans of environment and recommend prioritized remediation of vulnerabilities found
- Work closely with network and infrastructure teams to resolve complex security issues
- Design, recommend, and implement security improvements by evaluating current systems and procedures, researching trends, and anticipating requirements
- Protect systems by defining access privileges, control structures, and resources
- Identify abnormalities, flag problems, and report violations
- Perform analysis and correlation of security events from multiple vulnerability assessment sources
- Provide reporting and metrics to management
- B.S. in Computer Science OR equivalent technical experience
- 6+ years of prior experience as a network engineer or similar role
- Understanding of controls (e.g. access control, auditing, authentication, encryption, integrity, and application security).
- Requires a strong background in operating and securing UNIX/Linux systems such as RedHat/CentOS.
- Must be well versed in Linux/UNIX as well as Windows environments, Active Directory, VPN systems, encryption schemas and algorithms, various authorization and authentication mechanisms/software, network monitoring and sniffing, TCP/IP networks and vulnerability and threat management tools (including network based scanners).
- Experiences with vulnerability scanners, vulnerability management systems, patch management, and host based security systems.
- Must possess excellent communication skills (written, verbal). Should be able to work with technical and non-technical individuals alike.
- Ability to mentor other employees to improve their skills and effectiveness.
- Ability to design, resource, status, and complete projects independently, with minimal supervision
- Technical Linux (e.g. RHCE/RHCA) and security certifications highly desirable (e.g. CISA, CISSP, GCIH).
- Working knowledge of network protocols
- Demonstrated experience implementing SDN in public or private cloud
- Beneficial if experienced in Database Activity Monitoring Systems (DAM), and Web Application Firewalls (WAF).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 114089BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.