Networking Software Engineer
Location:Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Internet of Everything, Networking
What you will do
• Bring a strong perspective that drives change and motivates engineers to develop simple solutions to complex problems.
• Work on cutting edge Data networking software solutions
Who you will work with
At Cisco, we build products that enable data centers to remain up and running 24/7 with a high degree of resiliency. To do that requires complex monitoring software that can detect and react to failures within millseconds. Cisco’s data center devices operates at massive scale and require complex stable software in order to meet the high standards set by the data center customers. You’ll lead and collaborate as part of a disruptive software engineering team that is passionate about transforming the networking industry
Who you are
• Expertise in
building high performance, highly scalable solutions, preferably for data
• Expert C programming skills
• Experience in routing protocols, very good understanding of networking concepts.
• Working knowledge of asynchronous, event driven programming paradigms.
• Expertise in writing multi-threaded programs on real time operating systems
• Experience initiating cross-function collaboration with Ops, Product and Design to develop high quality, focused products (and inspire your team to independently initiate this same collaboration).
• Experience building high performance distributed system solving large scale engineering challenges
• Expertise on Cisco NXOS operating system would be a highly desirable bonus
• 5-8 years’
experience working on networking software, preferably protocol experience, as part of a senior high impact software development team and
• Atleast 5 years of hands-on strong programming skills in C
• Linux system development exposure, working with multi-threading and real time operating systems
• Experience in all phases of SW development cycle with some exposure to agile development methodologies
• Excellent problem solving skills.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco.