Nurse Case Manager RN - Certified Diabetic Educator - Telecommute from Missouri(Job Number:712428)
Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. Bring your skills and talents to a role where you'll have the opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Candidates must live in the state of Missouri to be considered for this position. This position is a Telecommute / Work From Home opportunity from the greater St Louis, MO area. This position is primarily a telephonic role but may require field work as needed. The shift for this position is Monday - Friday, during normal business hours.
As a Certified Diabetic Educator - Case Manager, you'll wear many hats, and work in a variety of environments. Sometimes, you'll interact with members leaving the hospital - possibly with new medications or diagnoses. Or perhaps you'll perform home visits, assisting members with safe, effective transitions from care environments to where they live. You may also act as an intermediary between providers and members - serving in numerous roles, such as educator, evaluator, service coordinator, community resource researcher and more. The result? Fewer hospitalizations, ER visits and costly service gaps; and a less stressed, more effective health care system for us all.
What makes your clinical career greater with UnitedHealth Group? You'll work within an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And, when you contribute, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere.
- Visit Medicaid members in their homes and/or other settings, including community centers, hospitals or providers' offices
- Making outbound calls to assess members' current health status
- Identifying gaps or barriers in treatment plans
- Provide a complete continuum of quality care through close communication with members via in-person or on-phone interaction
- Support members with condition education, medication reviews and connections to resources such as Home Health Aides or Meals on Wheels
- Assist members with the transition from a care facility back to their home
This position will require active and unrestricted Nursing licensure in multiple US States. Selected candidate must be willing and able to obtain and maintain multiple state licensure. (Application fees and filing costs paid for by UHG)
Job Case Management
Primary Location US-MO-St. Louis
Organization Optum Ops-PHM Medicaid
Number of Openings 1