Serving millions of Medicare and Medicaid patients, Optum is the nation’s largest health and wellness business and a vibrant, growing member of the UnitedHealth Group family. We’re also the career home for Nurse Practitioners who bring compassion and passion, energy and focus to their work every day.
Here, you will discover a culture that grows through challenge, that evolves by being flexible, that succeeds by staying true to our mission to make health care work effectively and efficiently for seniors. Put your best to work for us, and discover extraordinary opportunities for growth.
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
Join our team and find the autonomy, flexibility and fulfillment you seek in your career.
The Home-Visit Nurse Practitioner is responsible, as part of the patient care team, for the overall patient care management process. An advocate for the patients, the Nurse Practitioner will oversee and coordinate total care for the patients assigned in collaboration with the physician of record and patient care team. The Nurse Practitioner will communicate and manage the patients' care across all care providers, family, and caregivers. The Nurse Practitioner will ensure that timely, patient-centered, appropriate evidence-based medicine is provided. The Nurse Practitioner will also conduct in-home, comprehensive assessments for assigned members.
- The Nurse Practitioner will be responsible for the total care of the assigned patient population in collaboration with the Patient Care Team (PCT), and/or Clinical Services Manager and community based physicians / providers
- This position is accountable for identifying and developing innovative actions to meet the needs of patients from both the health care and psychosocial / socioeconomic dimensions of care; as well as taking action for provision of services to meet the patient needs
- The Nurse Practitioner will be responsible as part of the PCT for patient assessments, risk management plan development, maintenance care, acute interventions within scope, and wound care (not all inclusive), documentation and patient education
- The Nurse Practitioner will ensure that all pertinent and active medical conditions are documented in the medical record in a manner compliant with CMS, Optum and client requirements as well as diagnostic coding
- There is an after-hours on call team service