Nurse Practitioner Skilled Nursing Facility - 10K Sign On Bonus - Tucson, AZ(Job Number:705115)
Serving millions of Medicare and Medicaid patients, Optum is the nation's largest health and wellness business and a vibrant, growing member of the UnitedHealth Group family. We're also the career home for Nurse Practitioners who bring compassion and passion, energy and focus to their work every day.
Arizona Medical Services, now part of OptumCare has an opening for a Nurse Practitioner to join our growing team in Tucson, Arizona. Our patient centered-medical home practice provides care that is proactive, preventive, acute, chronic, long term and even end-of-life replacing standard care that was less coordinated and episodic.
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life's best work.(sm)
As a Nurse Practitioner, you will provide primary care to patients in skilled and long term care settings. You will be responsible for the delivery of medical care services to a pre-designated group of enrollees.
When you become part of our new Post- Acute Care program clinical team, you will enjoy an autonomous role where you can spend more time with patients. You will benefit from a flexible schedule, work/life balance, a reasonable on-call rotation, and a manageable census. We enable you to focus on delivering the utmost in quality patient care.
Arizona Medical Services, now part of Optumcare offers flexibility and the opportunity to make a difference in the care of patients in a post-acute care setting. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life's best work.(sm)
- Primary Care Delivery
- Deliver cost-effective, quality care to assigned members
- Manage medical chronic and acute conditions effectively in collaboration with a physician or specialty provider
- Perform comprehensive assessments and document findings in a concise/comprehensive manner that is compliant with documentation requirements and Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) regulations
- Ensure that all diagnoses are ICD9/ICD10 coded accurately and documented appropriately to support the diagnosis
- Ensure that all quality elements are addressed and documented
- Conduct a post-hospitalization medication reconciliation
- Facilitate agreement and implementation of the member's plan of care by engaging the facility staff, families/responsible parties, primary and specialty care physicians
- Utilizes practice guidelines and protocols established by AMS and the facility
- Travel between care sites as needed
- After hour on call coverage rotation required
- Care Coordination
- Understand the Payer/Plan benefits, AMS associate policies, procedures and articulate them effectively to providers, members and key decision-makers
- Assess the medical necessity/effectiveness of ancillary services to determine the appropriate initiation of benefit events and communicate the process to providers and appropriate team members
- Coordinate care as member's transition through different levels of care and care settings
- Continually monitor the needs of members and families while facilitating any adjustments to the plan of care as situations and conditions change
- Review orders and interventions for appropriateness and response to treatment to identify most effective plan of care that aligns with the member's needs and wishes
- Evaluate plan of care for cost effectiveness while meeting the needs of members, families and providers to decreases high costs, poor outcomes and unnecessary hospitalizations
Job Advanced Practice Clinicians
Primary Location US-AZ-Tucson
Organization OptumCare - AZ
Number of Openings 1