At HomeDepot.com, our award-winning e-Commerce team is blazing a trail of retail shopping innovation by leveraging cutting-edge technology with our 2,200+ store locations and a relentless focus on customer service. We have been named one of the world's most innovative companies and we are on a mission to provide the world’s best interconnected shopping experience. To do so, we need more dreamers, innovators and big thinkers passionate about re-imagining the future of retail. Interested in making history with us? If so, apply today to experience what it’s like to be a part of our HomeDepot.com team. Who knows? Your next big idea may just change the future of retail!
The Online Business Project Manager is responsible for developing the detailed strategy, scope and implementation plans for small to large projects that directly impact customers shopping experiences. Leading multi-functional teams of about 10- 15 people from across the business, the incumbent will manage a small portfolio of projects, from Discovery through to Delivery. In addition to showing innovative thought leadership, you will be required to utilize core project management, communication, presentation and creative problem solving skills to deliver projects on time and within budget.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
Nature and Scope:
- Serve as the Business Project Manager for multiple, small to large sized internal and cross-Enterprise projects with limited definition and direction. Projects may include enhancements to core elements of our online shopping experience, such as navigation, checkout, shopping services/tools, as well as multi-channel projects that involve our stores, supply chain, etc.
- Lead and manage multiple cross-functional, cross-company project teams of 10+ people.
- Help the project Business Owner define and articulate project strategy and objectives, scope and business requirements. Think creatively to make recommendations regarding execution strategies and potential solutions.
- Ensure all impacted stakeholders are involved, and secure cross functional resources to support project execution. Effectively interact with agency/vendor/business partners. Communicating expectations, sharing information and holding partners accountable.
- Starting right from project Discovery, document project scope, high-level solutions and business requirements, and working with IT resources, gather detailed requirements and define detailed implementation plans.
- Identify, research, analyze and manage risks and interdependencies within projects/systems/resources, and formulate plausible solutions/contingency plans in consultation with stakeholders and Senior Management as necessary.
- Effectively present and communicate project strategies, statuses, risks and key decisions within project teams, stakeholder meetings, and with Senior Management on a regular basis. Manage multiple projects to Critical Path, providing regular Milestone updates and Risk Assessments to Stakeholders and Senior Management.
- Manage project budgets and timelines, ensuring that projects are delivered on-time, to scope and within budget.
Environmental Job Requirements:
- This position typically reports to Sr Manager or Manager within the PMO
- No associates report to this role on a permanent basis, but requires the leadership of a work group: assign and review work, train and contribute to performance appraisal (but not hiring, firing or disciplinary action).
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
- Project management experience associated with online projects.
- Knowledge of MS Project, Powerpoint and MS Office.
- 4-6 total years of experience; 2-4 years project management experience, in an online business.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 4 years
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Prior experience in ecommerce and/or web development, creative and/or marketing/ advertising.
- Understanding of Interactive Marketing and e-Business strategies, channels, technologies, principles, and processes.
- Web experience associated with a national-level retailer.
- E-commerce knowledge and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Excellent strategic and creative skills.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
- Strong analytically with demonstrated financial and business planning skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven track record of driving change and execution.
- Influential; practiced in negotiating with others in ways that result in win-win outcomes.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.