Open Source Analyst
Job Code: 352257
Job Location: Texas-El Paso
Prudential is looking for a suitable candidate to join the Open Source Scanning Team. The purpose of the team is to identify non compliant usage of Open Source Code/Components within source code.
The role involves the following:
Using Palamida Tool to scan source code
Working closely with our development teams to ensure timely review of scan assessments, and understanding of requirements to conduct those reviews
Providing remediation guidance and expertise for vulnerabilities to development teams
Configuration of Palamida settings and Palamida support
Development of scanning & remediation process
Development of Open Source Tools/knowledge repository
Some exposure to or background in QA and/or security related roles
Knowledge of source code scanning tools (Nice to have)
- Some exposure to or background in .NET, Java (J2EE) or other Web based technologies and related tools for Web Application development
- Experience in using some of the following: SQL, HTML, XML, SOAP, AJAX, ASP, Python, C and VB.
- Excellent communication, time management and organizational skills
- The ability to work independently as well as perform as part of a team
- A motivated, enthusiastic and flexible approach to work in an adapting fast moving environment
- Can demonstrate strong performance ethos and deliver outstanding customer service
- Willingness to Learn
- Analytical Thinking
- Confidence and Patience
- Ability to interface with both technical and non-technical application owners
- Provide guidance to all parties for remediation of identified application vulnerabilities.
- Demonstrate leadership ability, proven effective at dealing with both staff and project related issues
- Must be a key player within the team enhancing the skillset of all team members
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Information Technology