The Operations Business Analyst uses analytical methods and a variety of tools to understand, predict, improve and/or control workforce operations and processes. Responsible for data management, performance analysis, problem identification, and the development of recommendations that support Workforce Operations. Solves problems by considering courses of action within the framework of management’s goals and standards. Adapts quickly to a fast-paced and ever-changing environment while prioritizing deliverables based on business needs.
A typical week for the Forecasting Analyst includes process improvement, conversations and report-outs with internal partners and management, field support, problem solving, and analysis. The Forecasting Analyst will have regular opportunities to present to internal leadership and will regularly interface with field leadership. To be successful, the Forecasting Analyst must be able to dig into the weeds of a problem while still interpreting the results through a high-level lens.
Workforce Operations manages the payroll spend each year in collaboration with HR, Finance, and Operations. All aspects of hours and payroll management including how hours are earned, hours forecasting, and strategic staffing, fall under Workforce Operations. Within Workforce Operations, the Forecasting and Analytics team controls the hours forecast for each store in the US Core, ultimately impacting the schedules of ~300k hourly associates each week and driving long term staffing strategies at the store level. In addition, the Forecasting and Analytics team partners with other teams to provide analytics expertise for various projects and initiatives as they relate to payroll.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
- Use strategic thinking to see the big picture, determine the problem and understand fundamental parts of the problem
- Prepare and deliver insights and recommendations based on analyses.
- Review sales/financial analyses data process modeling/analysis of problems, regression analysis
- Interpret data based on specific knowledge of statistics and procedures used.
- Provide data to all Directors to support decision making. Provide input on forecast
- Provide input on strategy based on knowledge of industry and technology trends.
- Provide customers with specialized information from a variety of resources.
- Synthesize findings and derive conclusions from analyses and make oral/written recommendations to upper management.
- Execute tasks related to core operations projects and/or process improvements. Execute day to day processes related to their areas of responsibility. Communicate issues and roadblocks related to their areas of responsibility.
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 3
Physical Job Requirements:
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical field of study, such as Accounting, Business, Engineering, Finance or Mathematics
- 1 year of experience business, retail, and/or consulting is preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Access, Excel, Powerpoint, Project, Word and Visio
- Prior experience with SQL, VBA
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Leverages Partnerships
- Teamwork Adaptability
- Problem Solving
- Strong quantitative skills such as statistics and data analysis
- Self Development
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.