The position provides program management and governance of tollgates for key projects for The Home Depot’s Operations team, spanning Store Operations, Asset Protection, Tool Rental & Repair, Workforce Operations, Building Services, and Customer Care. It is a part of the Store Operations Program Management Office (PMO), which is responsible for the blueprint and tools for project management within the organization. This role ensures a standard and defined methodology is used for key programs and monitors the execution of project tasks. The Project Manager will deliver key project artifacts and shares responsibility and accountability with the project leadership/business team for the successful completion of on-time deliverables. This role simultaneously manages multiple projects and maintains dashboards and consolidated calendars for all. Ideal candidates for this role take initiative and have a sense of urgency. The ability to seamlessly blend into the project team by providing thought, leadership, and thinking creatively to find solutions is a cornerstone skill needed for a successful transition into this career opportunity.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Controls project scope, schedule and cost. Ensures that blueprint plan is being followed with each project. Provides thought leadership to the creation of project plans and facilitates workout sessions and key meetings.
- Coordinate program changes or potential program changes to the baseline and ensures the approved changes are communicated and implemented.
- Ensures project information is communicated to the project team and stakeholders. Assists business in compiling timelines, communication plans, written status reports, and scorecards. Aids in selection of success metrics for proof of concepts, pilots, and rollouts.
- Determines and documents project issues/risks and tracks timely mitigation/resolution.
- At the completion of a project or project phase, captures key lessons learned and communicates to PMO and business. Effectively applies lessons learned in subsequent projects.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
- This position reports to Sr Mgr Ops Program Mgt
- This position has no Direct Reports
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 5 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- PMP Certified
- Proven track record of successfully managing large cross-functional projects
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:•
- Excels at conflict/issue resolution
- Takes initiative and has a high sense of urgency, able to handle competing priorities with accuracy and efficiency while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills ability to collaborate cross-functionally and be a team player
- Strong professional presence; Influences without authority and able to effectively communication all levels in all formats, from store associates to executives
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.