Optic Design Engineer
Location:Nuremberg, Bayern, Germany
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
You'll help us bring innovation to life by developing, implementing, and verifying advanced photonic and electro-optical components and transceiver modules. The High Speed Optics Team seeks a motivated Optic Design Engineer with strong background in optical component design and verification to develop optical transceiver for our high-end optical transmission and routing product portfolio including advanced modulation formats at 40Gbps, 100Gbps, 400Gbps and beyond for Metropolitan, Regional and Long Haul optical DWDM systems.
The next generation platform is in the creation phase. This is a great opportunity to define, design and shape a leading edge product in the service provider space from the beginning.
* Work with Architecture Design team to understand product requirements
* Translate product requirements into optical component requirements
* Experimental evaluation of enabling technologies to support definition of optical component architectures
* Assess and evaluate advanced photonic technologies for Cisco's products and analyze technology related trade-offs
* Verify compliance of optical components against the component requirements
* Validate optical component design against product requirements within the application
* Serve as subject matter expert during product bring-up and debugging
* Work with Global Supply Chain Management team to support supplier selection based on technical assessments
Who You'll Work With
Our team works with customers defining and developing advanced optical transmission products for Cisco's transport, routing and switching platform portfolio. The High-Speed Optics team is responsible for design, integration and validation of line-side coherent DWDM electro-optical interfaces. You have a unique opportunity to join this highly innovative and diligent engineering team and push the envelope for the next generation of high performing optical transmission systems.
Who You Are
You've got experience in designing, implementing and testing sub-systems and components in the optical transmission space. You have thorough knowledge on photonic principles and a basic knowledge on analogue and digital circuit design. You have good analytic and decision making skills. Your strong communication skills help you influence others.
Our minimum requirements for this role:
* Master degree in electrical engineering or applied physics
* More than 5 years optic design knowledge
* Strong background in optical measurement techniques
* Knowledge in optical transmission theory and photonic design
* Knowledge in modern modulation formats
* Interest in customer oriented product development
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.