Optics Quality Operations Manager for Cisco TMG
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestBusiness Development
Technology InterestInternet of Everything
Operations Management for the Transceiver Module Group (TMG). TMG is one of
Cisco's fastest growing business units with a broad portfolio of pluggable
transceiver products that are used across many of Cisco's routing and switching
products. Serve as a point of contact for addressing all aspects of TMG Quality
and field escalations on TMGBU (Transceiver Module Business Unit) products.
Provide direction and techniques to customer support engineers on how to
reproduce, test and troubleshoot field failures for complex problems. Perform
detailed review of field data to identify systemic problems early on. Lead
off-shore failure analysis (FA) teams and reviews and approves FA reports for
all field failures. Work with cross functional teams outside of TMGBU and
across all other business units to resolve system/ network level problems.
Initiate and execute strategies for continuous improvement of product
reliability. Define qualification, test, debugging, and failure analysis
techniques for all new products.
· Act as a point of contact for addressing technical field escalations on TMG products.
· Provide direction and techniques to customer support engineers and failure analysis (FA) teams on how to reproduce and troubleshoot field failures for complex and intermittent problems.
· Perform detailed review of failure symptoms and RMA data analysis to identify systemic field problems early on and implement containment measures in a timely manner
· Lead off-shore FA teams and review and approve FA reports for all field failures
· Work with cross functional teams outside of TMG and across other business units to resolve field problems caused by interaction issues between TMG products and host chassis
· Initiate and execute strategies for continuous improvement of product quality and reliability
· Work with cross functional teams to define qualification methods, test strategies, debugging and failure analysis techniques for new products
· Ability to manage multiple complex projects and driving cross-functional teams (including manufacturing, test and quality, Cisco switching and routing Engineering, and engineering teams of Cisco suppliers/partners) to identify, root cause, contain and correct systemic failures on pluggable transceivers
· Strong hardware and software troubleshooting skills.
· Fundamental understanding of analog and digital electronics, fiber optics, opto-electronics and switching and routing technologies
· Experience with qualification process of optical transceivers and test methodologies. Knowledge of reliability standards for printed circuit boards, electronic components, optoelectronic devices and modules
· Fundamental knowledge and experience with a wide variety of testing and test methods for optical modules individually and in systems is required to assess which tests are required & relevant to issues, to assist and guide other teams with testing
· Knowledge of IEEE 803.2 standards and MSA requirements for pluggable transceivers
· Lab experience with optical test measurements and high speed traffic tests
· 8-10 years of experience in job offered, Test Engineer, Engineer, or related occupation
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Bachelor degree in Engineering Physics, Applied Science, Physics, Optics, Engineering, or related field experience. Masters degree desired.