In this role, you will be part of an interdisciplinary care team to provide home - based palliative care to patients in their homes. You will coordinate with their physician to deliver high quality care. This is a flexible, team - based role that creates enormous satisfaction for the Nurse Practitioner as you impact the care and quality of life of our aging population. All the while, you'll be building meaningful relationships with the patients, their families, and the health care providers who are responsible for their care.
- Provide home - based palliative care for patients in their homes
- Work with the patient’s other doctors to coordinate care
- Manage patients with advanced illness or multiple chronic conditions
- Have serious illness conversations about disease progression and patient values
- Educate members on topics such as disease process, medication, and compliance
- Comply with all HIPAA regulations and maintain security of protected health information (PHI)
- Be part of an after - hours care team support system for patients to prevent unnecessary or avoidable hospitalizations and ED visits