Oracle Database Administrator (DBA) - WebEx
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestBusiness Strategy and Operations
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video
What you'll do?
The WebEx Operations Team is seeking a Sr. Oracle Database Administrator. In this role you will be responsible for supporting the Oracle RAC production databases and ensuring their performance, availability and security for performing installation of database software in both clustered and non-clustered environments. The ability to proactively monitor the database systems using RMAN to ensure a secure environment with minimum downtime is required. The Sr. DBA is also responsible for improvement and maintenance of the databases, including rollouts, upgrades, and backups, to support the organization's application systems. He/she prepares and maintains documentation of database and hardware configurations.
Who you work with?
The Cloud Collaboration Technology Group (CCTG) is a one-billion dollar ($1B) business unit that develops primarily cloud based collaboration software solutions, and is an integral part of the $4.4B Collaboration portfolio at Cisco, which is investing heavily to transform the future of collaboration experiences for our end users. CCTG’s vision is to be the recognized industry leader in the Cloud Collaboration market as well as to be the industry spotlight that attracts top talent. Our strategy is to sustain innovation in our current $1B product line, and to develop innovative new products for the future that expand and disrupt the market to stay competitive. We will do all of this, and build a next generation cloud platform with APIs and an ecosystem that deliver tangible business outcomes enabling our customers to get more jobs done!Who are you?
We need a strong Oracle / Cassandra, NoSQL DBA to support the current business variant data stores. Current Data Store includes Oracle RAC 11g (200+ Instances), MySQL and Cassandra in our data center.
Other Minimum Requirements for the role include;
- Must have at least 8 years of professional experience as an Sr. Oracle DBA in Linux systems supporting Oracle 11g/12c databases in RAC environment with ASM.
- Experience with very large, high transaction rate OLTP systems preferred
- Knowledge of Oracle Enterprise Manager setup and administration is a plus.
- Performance analysis using ASH / AWR / OEM and Performance tuning & query refactoring
- Knowledge of Oracle RAC with well-organized approach to database administration, performance, backup/recovery and troubleshooting and tuning is required.
- Proficiency in 11g-R2 RAC builds, standby database, database installation, creation and upgrades and object management is preferred
- Strong problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently and manage one's time
- Strong understanding of Oracle internals
- Experience with NoSQL database like Cassandra ( preferred ) or MongoDB
- Experience with MySQL
- Proficient in SQL and PL/SQL Language
- Take and solve challenging problems, empower team members
- Good to have Postgres exposure
Cassandra DBA experience required;
- Design and deploy and support highly available and scalable distributed Cassandra database solutions for high volume applications
- Maintain and develop data models, structures and procedures to ensure the integrity and performance
- Assist in the migration of existing database applications from SQL to Cassandra.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things.
We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give
us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style
with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works,
lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.