Part-time PTCB Certified Pharmacy Technician
JobTitle: Part-time PTCB Certified Pharmacy Technician
- Completes work assignments and priorities
- Complies with company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Ensures fulfillment of pharmacy prescriptions in an automated central fill pharmacy in order to maintain a continuous and consistent work-flow to meet daily production and quality goals
- Maintains and tracks medication inventory
- Maintains pharmacy systems and technology (for example, inventory systems, automated medication counting machines)
- Maintains quality, accuracy, and integrity of inventory (for example, pharmaceuticals, supplies)
- Promotes and maintains the pharmacy's professional reputation and delivers patients with pharmacy products and services in accordance with local, state, and federal laws and corporate policies and procedures
- Supports facility with reporting and paperwork to ensure productivity and pharmaceutical integrity
- Holds an active/valid national certification certificate issued by PTCB (PTCE) or NHA (ExCPT).
- Meets state requirements to work as a Pharmacy Technician, such as minimum age, qualification, registration, certification, and/or licensure when required by the State Board of Pharmacy.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- 1 year experience using and maintaining automated medication counting machines.
- 1 year experience with Microsoft Office.
- 1 year experience working as a pharmacy technician in a retail environment.
The position is located at Walmart’s Central Fill Pharmacy in Spring, Texas, just minutes north of Houston. This pharmacy facility relies on cutting edge automation to support retail pharmacy locations in Walmart stores across Texas. This Certified Pharmacy Technician position has growth potential and the chosen candidate will become a part of an exciting and growing division of Walmart's Health and Wellness Central Operations team. This position will contribute to the pharmacy team while supporting global efforts and initiatives and lowering product cost.
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Today, nearly 260 million customers visit our more than 11,500 stores under 72 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce sites in 11 countries each week. With fiscal year 2016 revenue of $482.1 billion, Walmart employs 2.3 million associates worldwide – 1.5 million in the U.S. alone. It’s all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.