Partnerships & Growth Manager, Safety & Justice
Code for America
Code for America is searching for a Partnerships & Growth Manager who can help develop, manage, and execute the partnerships strategy that will bring our safety and justice services, including Clear My Record and ClientComm, to government partners and communities across the country. This role will build and manage high-profile and complex relationships with local governments, non-profits, and corporations to help deliver impact across those service offerings. The ideal candidate is a generalist or an “athlete” who feels comfortable managing cross-functional efforts that touch on marketing, sales, engineering, and legal to ensure product adoption among local governments.
Code for America builds technology to help government services work for the people who need them most. Our Safety & Justice team is striving to help people stop cycling through the justice system and get back on their feet. We believe that safe and just communities have justice systems that are responsive, fair and that work for our nation’s most vulnerable populations, especially those most impacted by crime, violence, and justice system involvement. To this end, we’re working on services that give people a second chance to get jobs and housing by clearing past convictions, and keep people out of jail by connecting them with case managers via text.
Reporting to the Director of Public Partnerships, the Partnerships & Growth Manager will focus on managing a new market entry strategy for Code for America’s products and contributing towards developing strategic partnerships to drive user acquisition.
- Develop a deep understanding of Code for America’s safety and justice services designed to help reduce recidivism and increase opportunities for individuals with criminal records.
- Work cross-functionally across each of Code for America’s focus areas to identify, engage, and secure new government partners across product and service offerings
- Build and manage a pipeline of community-based organization (CBO) and corporate partners that support the rapid growth of Code for America’s products
- Design and implement processes to onboard new government & CBO partners, and ensure that partnerships are set up for success
- Collaborate extensively with product and engineering teams to inform product priorities, plan joint roadmaps with partners, and quickly test and implement user acquisition tactics.
- Be an external face of Code for America at conferences, meetings, and events and with partners and prospects
- Own the development of key partner marketing and partner success materials
- Identify and track key metrics across partners related to new markets and user acquisition
- Contribute towards identifying new, sustainable revenue opportunities across CfA’s product and service offerings
- Develop and negotiate unique contracts and agreements with strategic partners
- Substantive (3+ years) experience in partnership management, business development, management consulting, product management, or outreach
- Specific experience working at or with local government or community-based organizations (tech/startup experience also a plus!)
- Tech-savvy with knowledge or interest in agile methodologies, open-source technology, and the civic tech movement
- An interest in growth hacking and/or marketing & sales measurement (experience conducting A/B testing or using growth hacking/marketing tools a plus!)
- A savvy multi-tasker and generalist, with strong project management and communications skills
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, navigate ambiguity, and being proactive around team and external communications
Code for America offers full health and dental benefits, a 401k plan with matching funds and a culture that is collaborative, hardworking and fun.
Candidates will be evaluated on a rolling basis until the position is filled. You may also contact us with any questions at email@example.com.
About Code for America
We are a six year old startup non-profit with a great culture and a huge opportunity to make a difference. We work collaboratively and agilely and strive to learn from everything we do. We respect each other, work hard, and have a great time together. We’re looking for individuals who share our vision, our values, and our willingness to do what it takes to achieve an ambitious mission over the next few years.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Code for America values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Code for America is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.