Parts Room Coordinator
Job Title: Parts Room Coordinator
Location: Topeka, KS
Category: Supply Chain
A non-exempt, salaried overtime-eligible position has become available in the
Topeka Frito-Lay Manufacturing facility for a Maintenance Parts Room Associate. This is a full‑time, benefit eligible position. The primary work hours are 6AM- 6PM Thursday through Sunday one week, then the work hours alternate to 6AM- 6PM Thursday through Saturday the following week. Holiday work may be required depending on business needs, and overtime will be required to cover vacations or based on business need. Primary duties, skills and requirements necessary for success in this position are listed below.
- Provide customers with prompt, friendly, customer service
- Processing surplus part requests
- Removing parts from inventory
- Issuing parts to receiving plant via computer system
- Package parts for shipment
- Shipping parts to receiving plant
- Recording transactions
- Inventorying physical cycle counts
- Tagging and stocking parts received
- Work with mechanics, parts room personnel and managers to identify obsolete and surplus items
- Adjust part locations as needed
- Consolidate inventory for ease of finding parts
- Update inventory locations via computer system
- Help maintain a clean and orderly parts room
- Inventory control to prevent stock outs
- Utilize Parts-room Scorecard to drive R&M performance
- Selected candidate will Cross-Train to backfill other Maintenance
- Knowledge of the Avantis inventory software or equivalent is highly preferred
- Ability to handle multiple and changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel preferred
- Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds and experience levels
- Perform other job duties as assigned
- Must utilize a fork truck PIT as needed
- General lifting of parts (up to 40-50 lbs.) may be required as a daily job task
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 115703BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.