Payment Management Supervisor - Rancho Cordova, CA(Job Number:705447)
Healthcare isn’t just changing.
It’s growing more complex every day. ICD-10 Coding replaces ICD-9. Affordable
Care adds new challenges and financial constraints. Where does it all lead?
Hospitals and Healthcare organizations continue to adapt, and we are vital part
of their evolution. And that’s what fueled these exciting new opportunities.
Who are we? Optum360.
We’re a dynamic new partnership formed by Dignity Health and Optum to combine
our unique expertise. As part of the growing family of UnitedHealth Group, we’ll leverage our compassion, our talent, our
resources and experience to bring financial clarity and a full suite of Revenue
Management services to Healthcare Providers, nationwide.
If you’re looking for a better place to use your
passion, your ideas and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be.
It’s an opportunity to do your life’s best work.
Additional job duties:
- Working knowledge of HMO and PPO contracts
- Knowledge of Government reimbursement regulations and procedures
- Commercial insurance and worker's compensation contracts and reimbursement policies and procedures to ensure the accuracy of cash receipts and contractual write-offs being posted to all patient accounts and general ledger
- Knowledge of commercial banking procedures, including lockbox functions, to ensure the correct processing of cash, checks and credit card payments in accordance with those procedures
- Strong organizational, analytical and technical skills
- Proven abilities to lead and complete projects
- The ability to navigate between multiple computer applications during the course of a specific task
- Effectively communicate and coordinate with other departments, governmental agencies, insurance companies and third party payers so that all information needed to apply cash receipts to patient accounts is accurate
- Assist staff in performance of all cash posting duties to meet maximum productivity within the department
- Prioritize and direct staff workloads in an efficient and equitable manner so that maximum effectiveness of the unit and satisfaction among employees is attained
- Develops, evaluates and monitors programs and procedures to ensure high quality, efficient, cost effective services in all areas of responsibility
- Ensure training programs are established for both new and current employees regarding PFS operating P & P's and overall organizational P & P's
- Responsibility for hiring and terminating as well as assuring timely preparation of annual performance appraisals of all personnel supervised
- Work with other supervisors, managers and directors in a collaborative effort toward resolving issues in providing the highest quality of service possible
Primary Location US-CA-RANCHO CORDOVA
Organization O360 Dignity Health Back Ops
Number of Openings 1