PCB Sourcing Commodity Manager - 1204236
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestSupply Chain
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video, Networking, Security, Wireless, Mobility
What You'll Do
Cisco seeks a Sourcing Commodity Manager for work on a global team to focus on development and execution of commodity technical strategies, roadmap alignment, and associated programs.
A great opportunity for someone with technical experience and business acumen to become involved with all levels of business operation-from day-to-day tactical activity to long-term strategy and planning.
• Provides industry knowledge and understanding of market trends (cost, technology, supply chain design, etc.,).
• Defines and sets strategic direction.
• Interfaces with Business Unit partners to understand the long term requirements, mapping requirements into supply base offering, roadmap gap closure and facilitates optimal component selection
• Responsible for executing sourcing decisions, risk assessment/mitigation and alternate technical solution development.
• Oversees large, complex programs consisting of multiple locations and Business Units.
• Self-starter, that can independently resolve large-scale project issues and manages appropriate escalation within Cisco as necessary.
Who You'll Work With
Business Unit Partners and Engineers who design the product.
Who You Are
• Bachelors of Science In Engineering (BSEE) or equivalent with 7+ years of relevant experience and could be a combination of engineering design with business strategy experience is required.
• PCB product manufacturing, Laminate technology and industry experience is preferred.
• Requires extensive business strategy and implementation knowledge.
• Technical knowledge relevant to PCB technologies (Line Card, Backplane, Rigid / Flex / HDI, Laminates)
• Technical and business related problem solving skills.
• Strong interpersonal communication, and relationship management skills.
• Having a strong experience with PCB tech/ecosystem is preferred.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.