Per Diem Dietitian - Hospice - Las Vegas, NV(Job Number:694015)
There's an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Nursing here isn't for everybody. Instead of seeing a handful of patients each day, your work may affect millions for years to come. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Southwest Medical part of OPTUMcare is a multi - specialty group of physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants consisting of over 300 providers, 21 medical health centers including six urgent care clinics, four convenient care centers, two lifestyle centers catering to older adults, an outpatient surgery center, home health, hospice and palliative care services, plus E - visits and online options via Now Clinic telemedicine technology. Southwest Medical offers patients compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout southern Nevada. Southwest Medical is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
Southwest Medical Hospice, a division of United Health Group, is seeking a knowledgeable, compassionate Dietitian to provide direct care to hospice patients in their homes or facilities. As the Dietitian, you would work with other healthcare professionals to determine the best overall care for your terminal patients. Our Dietitian, in this function is responsible for meeting the nutritional needs of the hospice patients through dietary counseling.
***Please note: This position is on a per diem basis; working as needed***
- Assesses nutritional needs of hospice patient in the home or facility and assists patient's family with a dietary plan of care to meet patient's needs
- Collaborates with Hospice Interdisciplinary Group (IDG) members to develop, provide, integrate and implement individualized written plans for patient and family
- Ensures adequate nutrition is being offered to meet patient's need while keeping patient comfortable and provides recommendations as required
- Reviews tube feeding for tolerance / acceptance and appropriate feeding as well as TF & TPN
- Contributes to achieving the company's mission
Job Clinical Services Operations
Primary Location US-NV-Las Vegas
Organization OptumCare NV
Number of Openings 1