Southwest Medical, part of OptumCare, is a multi - specialty group of physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants consisting of over 300 providers, 21 medical health centers including six urgent care clinics, four convenient care centers, two lifestyle centers catering to older adults, an outpatient surgery center, home health, hospice and palliative care services, plus E - visits and online options via Now Clinic telemedicine technology. Southwest Medical offers patients compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout southern Nevada. Southwest Medical is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
If you enjoy an autonomous role and spending more time with your patients please bring your clinical knowledge and experience to a home based direct care therapy position! Southwest Medical Home Health a home health division of OptumCare / United Health Group offers flexible shifts and the opportunity to make a difference in the care of patients in their home setting.
The Per Diem Occupational Therapist provides quality / coordinated home care to clients under the direction of the Primary Care Team Lead and in coordination with the other team members, the physician and client.
****Please Note This is a Per Diem Position****
- Responsible for making certain the home care provided is compliant with State and Federal Regulations (documentation and delivered care)
- Responsible to provide services that are congruent with the policies of Southwest Medical and within the scope of professional practice
- Strives to provide services to meet both internal and external customer's expectations
- Assumes individual responsibility for professional competence and clinical practice
- Assure that the services provided are efficient and of value meeting the expectations of quality healthcare delivery within financial goals
- Knowledgeable in accepted principles of occupational therapy
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to function with minimal supervision
- Ability to access patient's physical and emotional status and environmental safety
- Accurately recognize report and document changes
- Ability to oversee and evaluate care given by OTAs
- Ability to communicate and function in an interdisciplinary team
- Ability to document therapy evaluation and treatments accurately and timely