PGIM Fixed Income - Trade Operations Analyst, Trade Support Group
Job Code: 397598
Job Location: New Jersey-Newark
Are you looking to grow your career within operations and deepen your understanding of financial services products under the Asset Management umbrella? Are you looking to diversify your skill-set by expanding your quantitative skills with a growing organization? Our Fixed Income Operations team is seeking a Trade Operations Analyst which is responsible for providing operations support to the Trade Support business.
Who are we?
PGIM Fixed Income is a top global fixed income asset manager with over $681 billion in assets under management. Our parent company is Prudential Financial, Inc. We are headquartered in Newark, NJ (U.S.) with affiliates in London, Tokyo and Singapore.
PGIM Fixed Income maintains a collegial and supportive work environment that promotes and rewards individual contributions while placing equal importance on results of the larger team. Associates within PGIM Fixed Income share their insights, skills, and diverse perspectives with a talented team working toward common goals. We place high priority on maintaining a work environment that develops, motivates, rewards, and retains employees. We offer a total rewards package that includes competitive pay, performance-based incentives, long-term savings opportunities, and just as important, support for life beyond work.
Our Operations team is a dynamic group that collaborates with all areas of Prudential; in turn creating a myriad of learning opportunities and a collaborative culture. Operations span all of our products and markets while we serve as an internal business partner to aid in processes and controls; as well as help improve our systems that deliver accuracy, efficiency, and the overall integrity to our business.
The Analyst, FI Trade Management is responsible for providing trader support services for the investment desks within Prudential Investment Management's Fixed Income business. This is a technical position and may have limited exposure to supervisor responsibilities. The functions supported by the teams include, acting as the primary liaison between other internal business partners and trading, entering trades in the trading system, confirmation of trades, fails monitoring and resolution, ensure proper delivery of trade information to custodian banks, accounting agents, broker/dealers and other downstream areas, communicating with brokers to resolve issues and improve service levels, providing phone coverage for trading desks, developing an understanding of the fixed income trading business and sharing knowledge with operations teams in order to increase service levels, and providing accurate and timely reports to trading desk on a daily basis.
Other responsibilities include:
Seeking ways to improve current processes by leveraging the tools available to identify inefficiencies and implementing automated solutions
Keeping abreast of industry initiatives and market trends that can impact the business model and/or offer opportunities to improve the processes
Assume ownership for any operational issues that are raised and provide resolution in a manner that is seamless, regardless of which operational areas are impacted
Anticipate issues that may adversely affect operational support and take action to reduce the risk of occurrences.
Leverage diverse perspectives/skills within the organization. Value alternative approaches when applicable to achieving better results.
Ensure all desk functions are documented in accordance with group procedural guidelines.
Thoughtfully assess and manage risk. Identify trends/reoccurrences and implement practical solutions to mitigate control weaknesses and inefficiencies.
Leverage operational knowledge to increase efficiency surrounding trade room activities.
Support broader trade room support initiatives (i.e. Lessons Learned, Community Leadership).
Administer functional training covering area of expertise for current job role while providing broader insight into why functions are performed and how they impact downstream areas.
Assist with projects and supply technical expertise.
- A BA/BS in appropriate discipline preferred, and/or 3-5 years of financial services experience. Solid working knowledge of Fixed Income’s investment products, strategies, trading systems, and operational support requirements.
- Strong knowledge of fixed income products, and investment strategies.
- Prior experience in security operations or related field.
- Proven ability to develop and cultivate relationships across all staff levels.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to details. Focused.
- Self-motivation and ability to work within a team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Enjoys a fast-paced, high-intensity environment.
- Works well as part of a team.
- Able to multi-task and absorb information across a broad spectrum of products.
- Ability to organize, prioritize tasks and work in a deadline oriented environment.
- Ability to train others.
* Dependent upon the business, flexible work schedules are necessary to provide operational coverage to our business partners from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. One of the responsibilities of this position includes the processing of wire transfers. In accordance with the Treasurer's Policy "Background Screenings on Wire Transfer Associates", any candidates selected for this position will be required to submit to a background screening including an extensive background screening and credit check. Failure to comply will eliminate a candidate from consideration for this position. In addition, any negative information obtained as a result of the background screening may result in the disqualification of the candidate from this and any other position in Prudential, including their current one if they are an internal applicant. Prudential Investment Management follows the NYSE holiday schedule. This position also requires over-time during peak periods
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Operations