In this position the Manager will be responsible for evaluating the pricing effectiveness of The Home Depot's Installation Programs. The objective of this position is to work with our Install Merchants to understand their program strategy, analyze and recommend pricing tests. This position will monitor pricing via test and learn approach with quick results review and recommend adjustments. Ultimately, the executed tests are to increase sales, maintain profitability and increase product attach rate for Install Services Programs. In addition, this person will need to work cross functionally across several organizations to validate labor costs, product costs, line review results, etc.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
80% - Develop relationships with Install Merchants and deep understandings of category business dynamics. Work in collaboration with Install Merchants to determine category review goals and objectives, conduct standard and ad hoc analysis to identify key drivers of performance, recommend pricing decisions that will improve category performance and develop financial plans that reflect pricing changes. Typical analysis will include: (a) marketplace and macroeconomic trends impacting the category including competitive assessment, (b) customer segmentation and responsiveness (c) line structure and line structure engineering, (d) localization, including defining pricing zone definition, (e) promotional effectiveness (f) transaction and basket penetration, (g) consumer psychology. Develop executive-level presentations that summarize analysis including historical category performance, strategic rationale underpinning pricing decisions and expected financial impact.
Report out to all levels of management. Accountable for accuracy, thoroughness, thought process, timeliness and viability of recommendations.
20% - Support to develop and maintain a calendar of category reviews, tests, and strategic initiatives. Own MVP/DMM and Install Merchant/Associate Merchant relationships for designated department strategic projects, ad hoc analysis, and reporting.
NATURE AND SCOPE
This position reports to Sr Manager Pricing Strategy.
This position has 0 direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must pass drug test.
Must pass pre-employmenttest if applicable.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 4 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about.
On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Prior experience in retail pricing and/or services pricing
- Prior experience in merchandising, planning and analysis
- Proficient with Microsoft Access and Tableau
- Strong analytical skills including demonstrated aptitude with financial analysis and ability to generate insight from large and complex data sets
- Strong communication skills including the ability to effectively articulate viewpoint to executive leadership and ability to write compelling executive level presentations
- Strong project management skills and ability to effectively handle multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously
- Strong financial acumen including experience with the retail and cost methods of accounting
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Ability to partner with cross-functional teams at all levels across a complex organization
- Ability to get results despite a large workload, competing demands and working in a fast paced environment
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple demands, adjust to change quickly and work constructively under pressure
- Ability to structure nebulous projects and to work constructively under tight deadlines
- Ability to influence peers and business partners without authority
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.