Principal Data Scientist - Anti-Fraud
JobTitle: Principal Data Scientist - Anti-Fraud
@WalmartLabs is the technical powerhouse behind Walmart Global eCommerce. We employ big data at scale -- from machine learning, data mining and optimization algorithms, to modeling and analyzing massive flows of data from online, social, mobile and offline commerce. We don’t just engineer cool websites, mobile apps, and new services; we use our own open source tools to create the framework. Deployment is automated and accelerated through our open cloud platform. This makes us incredibly nimble and able to adjust in real-time to our global customers.
- Research, design and implement data models and cutting edge algorithms to analyze diverse sources of data to predict fraud.
This role will manage other Data Scientist's.
We are a highly motivated group of Big Data Geeks, Data Scientists and Applications Engineers, working in small agile group to solve this sophisticated problem. We are building smart data systems that ingest, model and analyze massive flow of data from online, social, mobile and offline commerce/user activity to set prices for millions of products in real time. We use state of the art machine learning, data mining and optimization algorithms underneath it all to analyze all this data on top of Hadoop/HBase/Hive. We then build compelling data visualizations and interactive dashboards to showcase our work internally and externally.
Your work will be immediately visible to millions of people and you will have a direct impact on the business goals of Fortune #1 company. If you talk, speak and think data we want to talk to you. Come join our small team and be part of the journey from the beginning.
- Research, design and implement data models and groundbreaking algorithms to analyze diverse sources of data to predict fraud.
- Work with high dimensional and dynamic data to build continually learning systems
- Through your work have direct impact on revenue and bottom line
- MS/PhD in Operations Research/Statistics/Computer Science or a related technical discipline
- You should have at least seven years’ experience ideally in a Risk or Fraud environment.
- Extensive Experience with R, SAS, SPSS, data mining, machine learning, statistical modeling tools and underlying algorithms
- Programming experience in one of the languages like Python/Ruby/Perl/Shell/C/Java
- Working knowledge of Relational Data Base Systems and SQL
- Attitude to thrive in a fun, dynamic start-up environment with stellar team of fellow data geeks
Walmart Global eCommerce is comprised of Walmart.com, VUDU, SamsClub.com, and our technical powerhouse @WalmartLabs. Here, innovators incubate next gen e-commerce solutions in real-time. We integrate online, physical, and mobile shopping experiences for billions of customers around the globe. How do we do it? We continuously build and invest in new technology including open source tools and big data innovations. Data scientists, front and back-end engineers, product managers, and web and UX/UI teams collaborate alongside e-commerce experts to envision, prototype, and bring revolutionary ideas to life in a dynamic, flexible and fun work culture.