Process Management Specialist
Job Code: 344997
Job Location: New Jersey-Newark
The PGIM Finance team has an open position for the newly created role of Associate Manager, Technology and Process Improvement. This team supports PGIM the global investment management business of Prudential Financial with more than $1 trillion in Assets Under Management (across public and private fixed income, mortgage loans, equities, and real estate asset classes). Headquartered in Newark, NJ, the PGIM Finance Team is responsible for all controllership, planning and analysis, and overall finance support for the PGIM businesses.
The role will report to PGIM Finance’s Director of Finance Technology and Process Improvement. The role will be responsible for aiding in defining and executing PGIM Finance’s vision and roadmap for process and software technology improvements to existing controllership, financial planning and capital planning activities to streamline, improve efficiencies, flexibility and controls. This role will be a unique opportunity to aid in the set up of a new function within PGIM Finance and to make a significant short term and long term impact on PGIM Finance’s operations and capabilities.
Key responsibilities include:
· Perform finance process improvement and technology activities on various initiatives (scope, planning, business requirements, solution options)
· Aid in defining the PGIM Finance technology and process improvement vision and roadmap
· Identification and implementation of opportunities for process efficiencies, standardization and technology enablement of PGIM’s forecasting, capital planning and controllership activities
· Assist in building a business case for future investments and coordinate implementation efforts
· Support the evaluation of technology capabilities and solutions, partnering with Financial Systems (ESFS) teams and business partners
· Oversee and manage a staff person with responsibility for setting objectives, ensuring proper training and development and providing coaching and feedback
Knowledge and skill Requirements:
· Strong analytical, logical and creative thinkers who are effective at problem solving and detail-oriented
· Strong skills in time management with the ability to manage complex work plans, conflicting priorities
· Experience in Information Technology and Financial Services is desirable.
· Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced constantly evolving workplace
· High level of confidence both in terms of process and analysis skills.
· Familiarity with process mapping
· Meticulous organizational skills and strong interpersonal skills; the ability to liaise with all levels of staff, including senior leaders
· Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to present information in differing degrees of detail and form depending on audience
· Needs to be a proactive individual that can work with minimal supervision
4 years business experience, 3 relevant experience in business or process analysis
Strong collaboration and communication skills
Undergraduate degree in relevant field required (Accounting, Finance, Information Systems, Business Analysis)
Experience in the Financial Services industry preferred but not essential, (Asset Management field a significant plus)
Project management qualifications and delivery experience.
High level of Initiative to lead independently and hit the ground running
Strong knowledge in business processes assessment, review, modeling and improvement.
Knowledge of some Quality standards/framework would be a plus but not essential – Lean, Agile, ITIL, CMMI, COBIT etc.
Proficient Microsoft Office skills including MS Project, Visio and Excel.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Project Management