Product Development Associate Principal Scientist - Beverages
Job Title: Product Development Associate Principal Scientist - Beverages
Location: Valhalla, NY
Category: Research & Development
- Project objectives and plans developed and aligned cross functionally prior to initiation of work.
- Provide technical guidance and bench development for targeted development initiatives and existing brands.
- Experimental designs and scientific principles leveraged in recommendations and decisions.
- Ensure completion of development and commercialization success criteria in execution of project work through use of accepted documentation and work processes.
- Final products meet project objectives and commercial considerations/needs outlined in Stage gate policies
- Provide project management insight that creates the foundation for innovative solutions in supporting business partners.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships across R&D and non R&D functions as necessary to support business growth initiatives.
- Critical relationships internal and external to R&D established and maintained.
- Develop superior new products that meet the project deliverables, and/or contribute to the creation and execution of a stronger non-carbonated beverage strategy.
- Development leverages sound technical approaches and meet project/program action standards.
- B.S. or M.S. with at least 8-10 years combined education and previous experience in product design in a consumer products company with a proven track record in product development.
- Experience with low acid beverages product development (dairy, coffee) is preferred.
- Ability to provide thought leadership on both strategic and tactical aspects of projects.
- Outstanding teamwork, communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to analyze and communicate implications of emerging consumer trends.
- Proven track record in maintaining good working relationship with business partners (Marketing, Operations, etc.).
- Influence project teams of 5 or more people with successful creation and commercialization of products.
- Successful creation and commercialization of consumer products.
- Travel required (US and International) - estimate 10 -20%
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 111964BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.