Product Development Sensory Scientist
Job Title: Product Development Sensory Scientist
Location: Valhalla, NY
Category: Research & Development
This position in the Sensory & Consumer Product Insights (SCPI) group supports North America and Global Beverages. SCPI is part of the Global R&D organization. The candidate will help design integrated learning plans working with Marketing Insights and Product Development following established protocols and manage the R&D portion of that plan. The position will be located in Valhalla, NY
- Lead sensory and consumer research to support innovation, brand stewardship, productivity and discovery research initiatives. Work in partnership with R&D, business teams, Strategic Insights and suppliers to design and lead appropriate research to build learning, advance product knowledge and meet the business objectives.
- Design compelling research plans, determine appropriate research methodologies, coordinate tests, analyze and interpret experimental data, provide technical recommendations. Deliver results orally, and with written reports to enable clear product, process and pack design decisions.
- Develop new tools, approaches, methods and points of view to enable faster and more informed R&D decisions
- Be a driving influence to communicate value of research. Elevate SCPI capability and output in the area of consumer product research.
- M.S. or Ph.D.: Major in Food Science (thesis in Sensory), Consumer Psychology or closely related discipline, with a minimum of 6 years experience in a Sensory & Consumer Research position in a major consumer packaged goods company preferably experience in food or beverage product development, or commensurate experience at PepsiCo
- Proven ability to design, analyze and interpret sensory and consumer findings into implications and actionable results that refine product, brand and business strategies
- Ability to consult and work with cross-functional teams, translate business objectives to research objectives
- Expert knowledge of discrimination, descriptive and consumer test methods
- Deep experience in quantitative and qualitative consumer research methods for new products
- Working knowledge of consumer research tools and techniques
- Ability to apply experimental design and multivariate statistics to sensory research, preferably with proven skills in Excel, R, SAS and/or Minitab.
- Ability to interpret complex data and relate impact on the business
- Ability to lead multiple (5 or more) projects simultaneously
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 111244BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.