Product Development Sr. Engineer
Job Title: Product Development Sr. Engineer
Location: Valhalla, NY
Category: Research & Development
- Organize and lead Concentrate and Beverage plant trials
- Formula process Documentation completed to highest standards
- Demonstrate early engagement to influence final product, process and/or package design
- Develop and manage realistic & manageable commercialization timelines and plans
- Clearly communicate project status, risks, and scope creep with impact to project team on a regular basis
- Effective planning, scheduling, execution, and documentation of Technical Center, concentrate and bottling scale-ups, plant trials and capability assessments.
- Contribute and participate in the leadership and activities of the commercialization team.
- Work with internal and external business partners to meet commercialization objectives
- Determine theoretical calculation & execute experiments as needed for point of failures in process and formulation limitations
- Test new raw materials for manufacturability impact on concentrate & beverage
The successful candidate will be experienced in the consumer goods industry and demonstrate the following skills:
- Organization, negotiation, coordination, and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively over the phone, online, and in person
- Meeting facilitation skills
- Team Work: Ability to manage multiple priorities, think on their feet, and execute with speed
- Initiative and follow through : Independent decision maker in a fast paced and demanding environment
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree: Chemical Engineering or Food Engineering
- Minimum of 3-5 years' experience , dairy experience desired
- Background in commercialization of new products strongly desired.
- Liquid process design knowledge
- Knowledge of design engineering, particularly in food science, fluid dynamics, heat transfer, sanitary piping practices and process and instrumentation diagrams
- Experience in a consumer products research & development function a plus
- Experience with ready to serve beverages desirable.
- Willing to travel globally
- Advanced software skills a plus( Excel, database management, PowerPoint )
Demonstrated Personal Traits:
- High energy
- Strategic thinker
- Team player (good interpersonal skills, able to inspire/lead others)
- Positive, \"can do\" attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Adaptive, willing to learn
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 105815BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.