Product Development Technical Specification Author
Job Title: Product Development Technical Specification Author
Location: Valhalla, NY
Category: Research & Development
Apply technical expertise to develop internal ingredient specifications capturing the quality and functionality required to manufacture beverages globally. Leverage internal and external resources to develop ingredient specifications that are clear, concise and meet PepsiCo quality standards.
- Develop and write technical ingredient specifications in cooperation with outside suppliers and internal support groups
- Partner with product developers to align on and manage realistic, achievable timelines that meet project needs and manage appropriate communication
- Maintain and update ingredient specifications for accountable ingredients
- Manage and maintain all quality testing, test records and related documentation for vendor sites and locations and ensure all required documents are available in PepsiCo databases
- Coordinate testing with internal and outside laboratories in partnership with ingredient subject matter experts and analytical team
- Accurate documentation of work in laboratory notebooks and other electronic systems and databases; actively communicates status of initiatives
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to reach project objectives
- Ability to learn complex systems and processes to deliver quality specifications
- Ability to build relationships and work closely with internal partners
- Ability to communicate results in an organized fashion
- Ability to manage multiple project tasks and communicate status through maintenance of tracking logs
- Ability to communicate and highlight risks to manager
The successful candidate will have appropriate education and:
- Moderate computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written, including protection of intellectual property and strong technical writing acumen
- Analytical Thinking
- Strong team player
In addition, the following capabilities will be essential to success in the job:
- Strong time management, self-motivation and ability to work reliably with moderate supervision
Education & Experience:
- B.S. in Chemistry, Food Science or related field (MS a plus)
- 1-2 years of experience in Research & Development, Analytical or Measurement Sciences and/or Commercial Quality Control / Quality Assurance.
- Experience in food / beverage / ingredient research and development desired
Other Job Requirements:
- Field Travel may be required, up to 5%.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 107426BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.