Product Manager, Discovery
JobTitle: Product Manager, Discovery
City: SAN BRUNO
@WalmartLabs is the technical powerhouse behind Walmart Global eCommerce. We employ big data at scale -- from machine learning, data mining and optimization algorithms, to modeling and analyzing massive flows of data from online, social, mobile and offline commerce. We don’t just engineer cool websites, mobile apps, and new services; we use our own open source tools to create the framework. Deployment is automated and accelerated through our open cloud platform. This makes us incredibly nimble and able to adjust in real-time to our global customers.
The Customer Experience team lives on the front line of e-commerce innovation. This collaborative team, made up of engineering, UX, product management, along with web and technology evangelists, is rapidly iterating new products and site features at scale. We deliver high performing solutions - from our next gen front-end platform (node.js and react.js) to our best-in-class backend payments platform which powers web, mobile and API solutions. Continuous innovation and immediate feedback by billions of customers make this work incredibly exciting!
If you could spend 100% of your time painting the future of ecommerce on a canvas that will touch over one billion consumers, and had the strength of the #1 Fortune 500 Company behind you, what would it look like? Technology and how people shop is changing at an incredible rate. These changes provide us with unique opportunities to better serve our customers. You should be someone who is excited by the intersection of technology and retail and have the vision and determination to deliver a best in class experience across all devices customers use to research and shop Walmart.
The ideal candidate for this role is a strategic thinker, analytical, detail and results-oriented and has excellent problem-solving skills with a strong work ethic. You’re customer focused and know how to deliver exceptional experiences for customers. You’re a highly motivated self-starter with a deep understanding of customers’ needs, competitive landscape and how to deliver an amazing experience for customers. You’re an excellent communicator, building strong cross functional relationships and excel at working across departments and easily collaborating with Business Partners, User Experience, Project Managers, Research, Engineering and QA teams. Your product management experience and understanding of the software development cycle is essential to the successful development of the products and experience you will deliver to our customers.
This Product Manager will be a contributor member of the Global Products Discovery Track Team. This area includes home page, ratings and reviews and advertising page types which provide customers the information needed to guide a purchase decision.
- Support the development of a product vision, strategy, and roadmap for Discovery track across Walmart US and international properties
- Use research, customer feedback, web analytics, and competitive analysis to identify new product opportunities and enhancements
- Lead agile team of Engineering, UX, PjM to execute on roadmap while meeting or exceeding KPI goals to quantifiably impact the experience for our customers
- Define and communicate product requirements and align dependent teams to deliver the roadmap
- Partner with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment, including engineers, user experience, research, business, data scientists– rally these groups and individuals with sometimes disparate priorities to work together
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-6+ years relevant experience
- Track record of delivering significant positive results for customers and business
- Ability to understand and synthesize complex requirements and turn them into a prioritized roadmap with clear objectives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Walmart Global eCommerce is comprised of Walmart.com, VUDU, SamsClub.com, and our technical powerhouse @WalmartLabs. Here, innovators incubate next gen e-commerce solutions in real-time. We integrate online, physical, and mobile shopping experiences for billions of customers around the globe. How do we do it? We continuously build and invest in new technology including open source tools and big data innovations. Data scientists, front and back-end engineers, product managers, and web and UX/UI teams collaborate alongside e-commerce experts to envision, prototype, and bring revolutionary ideas to life in a dynamic, flexible and fun work culture.