Job Title: Production Manager
Location: Fresno, CA
Category: Supply Chain
This position contributes to the success of a warehouse or manufacturing distribution location for PepsiCo by directing the production team to meet customer needs and achieve standards related to cost, line efficiencies, waste, safety and productivity. The Production Manager must convert departmental objectives into achievable tasks at the execution level. This individual must set production performance standards and align the organization to achieve standards. This individual is responsible for managing numerous shifts in either a union or non-union environment and developing a team of supervisors. Additionally this role is responsible for developing, implementing and executing a best in class service to sales standard.
Major Tasks, Key Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
- Applies knowledge of processes, equipment and system capability to set challenging individual and facility standards
- Develops Annual Operating Plan for Production
- Coaches supervisors to achieve performance standards with regards to safety, line utilization and quality.
- Manages direct and indirect controllable costs to meet overall cost index target.
- Tracks key performance indicators/costs, anticipating and correcting trends which would compromise achievement of financial targets
- Oversees and assures facility equipment reliability to minimize downtime
- Builds people capability through effective employee relations, hiring, training, and communication for both management and front-line hourly personnel
- Profit and Loss (P&L) responsibility for production, maintenance, and quality control
- Ensures compliance with all Health & Safety regulations.
Basic Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience in a high speed manufacturing environment, preferably consumer packaged goods
- A minimum of 2 years work experience in a management position
- Demonstrated computer proficiency: Microsoft Suite
- Ability to work flexible hours
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Experience in consumer packaged products or similar industry
- Demonstrated ability to function successfully in a fast paced, changing work environment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 110538BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.