Job Title: Production Planner
Location: Danville, IL
Category: Supply Chain
The production planner has six main areas of responsibility:
1) Create cost effective weekly semi finished and finished goods production schedules supporting plant customer service and inventory objectives.
2) Coordinating the packaging materials required to meet the semi finished and finished goods production schedule.
3) Ability to back-up other planners in the department.
4) Works closely with the S/R department for finished goods deployment and supports resolution of potential inventory issues within and at Distribution and Mixing Centers.
5) Strong working relationships with other internal groups such as Operations, Quality, Finance and Shipping.
6) Serves as the plant liaison for co-packers, Corporate Supply Chain and Research & Development
The successful candidate will:
- Post weekly production schedules and any required revisions.
- Maintain various supply chain and KPI reporting systems, such as but not limited to Attainment, Adherence and Product Availability.
- Update and maintain MIMI production planning model and SAP MP/MRP data.
- Communicate daily with production department about production targets, schedule changes, new product introductions, line trials, product availability, material issues etc., to ensure proper execution of plans.
- Work with Production, Quality and Corporate Supply Chain to resolve planning and scheduling issues.
- Communicate daily with S/R department about deployment of semi finished and finished goods and receiving of packaging materials.
- Support Accounting, Warehouse and S/R to resolve inventory discrepancies and SAP related issues.
- Manages obsolete inventory, scrap, copy changes, and supplier quality issues for assigned packaging materials.
- Participate and support the Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) Process and the SAP conversion within Quaker Foods.
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills and must be able to formulate effective action plans to address issues proactively.
- Must function with minimum supervision and be self motivated.
- Must have good interpersonal skills to communicate with others in a professional and timely manner.
- Must have good organizational skills - detail oriented, paperwork process flow, follow-up and thorough, manages time effectively.
- Must have good computer skills, should be proficient with Windows based programs such as Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- APICS certification a plus.
- 4 year College degree is required.
- Relevant planning experience required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 114154BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.