The purpose of the Project Manager Pricing position is to assume a leadership role on the team by providing effective management of key pricing projects and preparing strategic recommendations for use in the development of pricing decisions. A primary goal is to continuously improve processes to increase the capabilities and capacity of the team. This position will also work with the core merchandising Merchants to achieve their financial goals by designing, implementing and measuring pricing actions, utilizing various statistical measurement techniques and tools.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
60% - PRICING ANALYSIS Design, implement, and measure pricing actions to understand the trade-off between units, sales and gross margin.
20% - PROJECT MANAGEMENT Develop an effective plan for controlling project scope, risks, and schedule. Monitor project execution to ensure that the plan is being followed and risks are being escalated and/or mitigated. Create and effectively coordinate documentation to explain changes or potential changes to the plan and ensure the approved changes are implemented.
10% - COMMUNICATIONS Develop an effective plan for communicating pricing and project information to the pricing team and pricing stakeholders. Develop and deliver influential presentations to senior leadership that summarize complex analyses and drive effective business decisions.
10% - LESSONS LEARNED At the completion of pricing projects, capture key lessons learned and communicate to the pricing team. Effectively apply lessons learned in subsequent projects.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Position reports to Senior Manager, Pricing Analytics, or Manager, Pricing Analytics.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 4 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about.
On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, statistics, industrial engineering or other related discipline
- Masters Degree in business, statistics, or industrial engineering preferred
- Understanding of pricing and statistics
- Prior experience in pricing and/or retail
- Strategy development experience
- Project management experience
- Strong process development and analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task and interact with various business partners at all levels in a highly complex environment
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Ability to present and defend own work and work of others to senior leadership
- Ability to build relationships across functions and influence decisions
- Proven ability to analyze, evaluate and interpret complex data
- Ability to pick up new concepts quickly
- Adaptability in a changing environment
- Innate intellectual curiosity
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, business acumen and strategic thinking skills
- Takes the initiative, often times where minimal direction may be given
- Proficient with PowerPoint, Excel and Access
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.