Interline Brands, Inc. (“Interline”) is among the nation’s largest distributors and direct marketers of specialty maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products, both branded and private label. In 2015, Interline was acquired by The Home Depot®.
It stocks more than 100,000 plumbing, janitorial, electrical, hardware, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and other MRO products, from more than 3000 suppliers worldwide. Products and value-added services are sold to more than 175,000 active customers, including facilities maintenance customers, professional contractors, and specialty distributors.
Key end-markets include multifamily housing; health care institutions; educational organizations; lodging; plumbing, mechanical, and HVAC contractors; locksmiths and hardware stores. The company operates more than 70 distribution centers / branches and four regional replenishment centers across the United States, which facilitates reliable same-day or next-day delivery service to 98% of the U.S. population.
Interline employs a multi-dimensional sales model to drive market share gains, utilizing the following primary channels: field sales representatives, telesales and direct marketing including online websites, catalogs, business-to-business selling portals, and fliers. With a unified operating platform, the company can sell the same product to various customers utilizing different pricing schedules and different service models, depending on the needs of each customer.
If you want to join a dynamic organization where leadership strives to put their best foot forward with their employees and their clients, come join the Interline Team.
We are seeking to add an energetic, assertive, self-starter with a positive attitude to join our Renovations Plus team as a Project Manager. The Project Manager will report directly to the Business Manager – Renovations Plus, a division of Wilmar Brand. This position is based in Jacksonville, FL.
Under the guidance of the Business Manager of Renovations Plus, this Project Manager position will provide superior services to the customer as the front line representative for material management on assigned renovation and / or new construction projects. The position has some light travel that includes: annual divisional meetings, site visits to build solid customer relationships and if needed to ensure the project is running smoothly or to troubleshoot on a project and initial walk-throughs with the National Redevelopment Sales Specialist to assist the start-up of a project.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 40%- Initiate and maintain contact with the field Project Manager for the customer to ascertain order release dates, communicate and solve job site issues related to product, and assure the smooth flow of materials to meet the requirements of the customer.
- 30%- Manage inventory on assigned projects with goal of zero inventory balances at project completion. Forecast project material demand by obtaining data from the customer and developing monthly and quarterly projections of item usage.
- 10%- Communicate with vendors, freight carriers, purchasing, sales, national/local branch distribution centers and operations to ensure project success. Implement solutions, follow through on order releases, vendor/defective returns and all issues.
- 10%- Maintain a logbook of actions/issues/solutions for the length of the project. Maintain open line of communication with management to report progress, changes, problems and any other issues affecting ability to successfully satisfy customer.
- 5%- Follow through on confirming that systemically generated Purchase orders are placed with the vendor and that the timely receipt of product flows to the RRC (Regional Replenishment Center).
- 5%- Input of Project Master Kit Templates as designated by the specifications of the projects assigned.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Reports to the Business Manager, Renovations Plus. No direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 0 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Previous experience in managing supply chains
- College degree preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- PC proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word)
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Ability to do light travel
- Experience in renovation construction a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.