Project Manager, Telephony Specialist
Job Code: 397698
Job Location: New Jersey-Roseland
Prudential Financial, Global Business and Technology Solutions, GBTS is seeking a Project Manager, Telephony Specialist to work closely with business and technical communities to implement telecommunication solutions to meet the business needs / objectives. This advanced hands-on voice technology position leverages technical skills as well as exceptional project management, analytical, conceptual, and problem solving skills. Excellent communication skills will allow this individual to partner seamlessly with internal and external business and technology groups and vendors.
The environment is fast paced and provides excellent developmental opportunities for anyone who is up for the challenge.
Consults with client and development area management and staffs in the design and implementation of new or modified telecommunications solutions
Partners to define solutions to business needs. This includes eliciting, analyzing and documenting business requirements, making recommendations, and leading implementation / resolution
Develops systems specifications and technical implementation plans and coordinates complex installation projects with clients, systems development teams, network engineering, and vendors
Creates and maintains project plans to track projects
Reports accurate project status to management
Performs project related testing which includes: developing test plans, defining test use cases / scenarios, defining expected testing results, conducting quality acceptance testing; evaluating and documenting results
Troubleshoots production and test issues; performing root cause analysis, recommending corrective action, and leading the resolution efforts
Prepares and maintains technical specifications and documents; architecture diagrams, system documentation, operating manuals, and call flow diagrams
Proactively identifies gaps in current processes; defines, documents, and implements process change(s) to ensure standardization of approach across the team
Solves complex problems; applying a new perspective as appropriate
Participates with vendors and common carriers during problem analysis/resolution, as required
Coordinates or provides training to clients during implementations
Participates in the evaluation of vendor proposals and the benefits of changes in hardware, communications protocols, switching and access methods, and in the procurement of software and equipment
Recommends product and equipment purchases
Identifies inconsistencies and recommends modifications to improve the (complete) Customer Experience
Performs related duties as assigned or requested
Takes direct ownership / accountability and acts as a leader
- Excellent Project Management skills; 2 years of experience managing complex technology projects
- Proven ability to work with multiple internal and external groups (across multiple locations) to complete projects
- Proven ability to simultaneously manage multiple assignments / projects and effectively prioritize work to meet all deadlines under tight time constraints
- Proven ability to estimate project effort and duration with focus on continuous accuracy improvement
- Proven ability to track and resolve issues through resolution
- Proven ability to work within established processes and procedures with focus on continuous process improvement
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products (Project, Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal). The position will require constant interaction with business partners, management, and systems technologists
- Strong organizational skills, resourcefulness and attention to detail, along with the drive for excellence
- Self-motivated learner who, when faced with something new, will take the opportunity to fully understand it and take the initiative to become the Subject Matter Expert (SME)
- Demonstrates enthusiasm with a willingness to learn new technologies
- The candidate should have a very strong desire to maintain our reliable reputation and strive to improve it by employing creativity, curiosity, and willingness to never stop learning
- Highly developed analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills. Must enjoy solving complex problems and implementing creative solutions in a fast-paced dynamic systems environment
- Knowledge of Contact Center operations and technologies, preferred
- Telephony, IVR (Interactive Voice Response) and Multi-channel capabilities knowledge, preferred
- BS/BA in Telecommunications, Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience required
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Information Technology