We are looking for an experienced QA Engineer who will work as part of an agile development team to deliver high quality, innovative solutions that combine the best of our existing capabilities, off-the-shelf technologies and custom code. The QA Engineer must work well within a self-organizing team that adapts to change and continuously improves to reach extremely high levels of productivity. The QA Engineer leads by example. Others follow because they respect the technical expertise and laser focus on delivering high quality business value that the QA Engineer brings to the team every single day. The QA Engineer works closely with the team and the management to ensure that the team’s testing approach is aligned with the broader organization.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Analyzes project requirements and develops test plans, test cases and other testing documentation
- Identifies functionality that can most benefit from test automation and helps implement its automation.
- Executes test cases.
- Determines correct level of regression testing based on planned changes
- Works with the team to maximize quality of deliveries
- Contributes towards initiatives that improve the consistency and quality of our products
- Ensures testing processes minimize production errors
- Participates in reviews at all phases of the software development cycle
- Maintains a close relationship with other QA professionals at Blinds.com to allow the free exchange of ideas, best practices and experience
EDUCATION REQUIRED: Bachelors degree
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass the Background Check
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE: 5+
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES:
- Strong team player
- Passionate about software quality
- Confident in speaking up and being yourself
- Innovative/Pioneering spirit
- Driven to deliver solutions that delight customers
- Ability/willingness to handle competing demands on limited time
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Passionate customer advocate
- Flexible, comfortable with change
- Quick learner, seeks out new skill sets required for success
- Willingness to continuously improve
- Experience working on agile development teams involved in new product development
- Very broad and deep application testing skills
- Strong automation skills and exposure to QA methodologies
- Minimum of 3 years’ of experience with C# and Selenium Web Driver
- Minimum of 5 years’ of experience converting manual test plans to automated test scripts.
- Hands-on experience in testing complex business applications, understanding large complex environments, and knowledge of requirements based testing
- Experience setting up test scenarios
- Strong organization skills with an excellent attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with the architecture of e-commerce solutions at Blinds.com and/or The Home Depot is a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.